Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

REPORT: Georgia’s Amarius Mims expected to take name out of portal, remain with Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageREPORT: Georgia’s Amarius Mims expected to take name out of portal, remain with Bulldogs

ATHENS — Georgia sophomore offensive tackle Amarius Mims is expected to stay with the Bulldogs after putting his name in the transfer portal on April 10.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Great news! I have had this feeling for a while. After thinking about Mims to FSU or Mia or wherever it just makes way more sense for Mims to come back. The devil that you know. UGA is really the best situation for Mims. Welcome back! You are an important piece of this team and will get to show that this season.

• Options
    bighealeybighealey Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

That is great news ! To lose him I thought would have been awful. I could just see him turn out to play against us down the road.

Go Dawgs,

Mike

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course, we're all biased on this site, 😀but I'm betting that I speak for most of us in saying that this young man is making the best decision for himself. Two more years on the Georgia OL will build lasting friendships, make him a better player and put him in a better position for a possible NFL career.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was hoping you would come back to your first love (UGA) you are the man; you are needed and important all the talent around you here will make you better. Go Dawgz.😎

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby, his parents or someone must have greatly impacted this decision. He is reportedly making the correct one...for sure. The other leagues cannot offer the opportunities for development UGA can. Kirby offers one of if the not the best league development programs. Did they talk him into guard? I do not believe he can beat out Jones or McClendon....yet. This is not a "gimme now" situation as Mims hopefully sees...and schools outside the SEC do not offer the power programs like UGA. I hope his "heart" is now at UGA. He is young and these are tough decisions.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's great news. We can't let prime beef like that get away.

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

All it really takes is one great year right before their NFL draft and any college football player from any top SEC program can position himself as a top 10 draft pick. The best route to take is to learn and develop at a top tier school such as GA, and save their body from what most linemen suffer from...which are knee injuries. It's better to save your body while developing, and shine in your draft year vs playing as a Freshman, only to suffer multiple injuries and perform ok at best during your draft year. Mims should be patient because he has the talent to really shine during his draft year, and be a top 10 pick.

• Options
    NJEricNJEric Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kudos to CKS. He never gives up with his endless recruiting pursuit and relationship upkeep and optimism and talent development. His recruiting has been a significant differentiator from day one!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! Now let's go get another natty!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Awesome! So glad Mims will be rejoining the team! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome news! Welcome back Amarius! The grass is not always greener on the other side...

The O-line should definitely be one of our strengths this year. The offense MUST take advantage of that key strength - protecting the QB, opening up holes, and wearing down the opposing defense. I expect no less from a group of stellar elite players!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great news! He has seen the path paved with other o-line players that have developed and waited for their opportunity. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great News !!! You’ve gotta a home of Love at UGA Big Amarius !! Looking forward to seeing you between the hedges !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome back aboard!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate