Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Georgia reserve DL Tymon Mitchell places name into the transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageReport: Georgia reserve DL Tymon Mitchell places name into the transfer portal

Georgia’s student-athlete scholarship count was expected to ebb and flow in the days and weeks to come out of G-Day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck at your next stop Tymon!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to this young man - wish it could have worked out for him!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tried to post the following message to a Riley(?) article yesterday but it wouldn't take.

"Projected" scholarship count. I read that as 90 counting the guys that will arrive this summer. Considering the team seems thin at DB, WR, LB where is this attrition going to come from? Seems OL and DL. Hate losing guys there. 2 scholarship K's and 2 P's may be a luxury. 6 scholarship TE's seems like a luxury as well.

Good luck to Tymon. I am sure he will land on his feet.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

He won't be in the portal long. I am sure the TN coaches have already reached out to him. Just the first of surely 4-5 more announcements to come from GA players. I am just hoping that Carson Beck decides its in his best interest to stay at UGA and see what happens.

Now that spring practice is over and players know where they stand on the depth charts, we will be getting seeing these from all over the college football world the next few weeks. You can be sure that the FL staff is looking closely at the portal because they need to pick up a few players to fill out their thin roster. The former 4* DL from Ohio State (announced yesterday) has probably already gotten a call. They are probably ringing up Mitchell right now.

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

If he tries to transfer inside the SEC, he will need to get approval from UGA. I wish him well, assuming he transfers outside the SEC.

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why would Beck want to leave. He was great in the R&B. I look forward to a season of excellent passing! Vandergriff and Bennett make for a number of different 'looks'. Gonna be a fun season to watch.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck won't transfer. In his eyes and most likely the coaches he will start in 2023...why on earth would he leave?

I wish Tymon a good landing. It is hard to make it to the top of the UGA roster. UGA needs to cut its scholarship count.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Haha, who? Good luck to him, but this is the first time I’ve ever heard of him and I like to think I follow UGA recruiting! Maybe I just forgot since it’s been 2 years

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For all of you talking about Beck, the UGA QB room was loaded before Beck actually signed. After he committed, I forgot who else then committed too. Maybe Vandergriff, Eason, both, don't remember. But he could have backed out then but didn't and he signed anyway.

His HS coach said Beck would not de-commit then, when others thought he might and his coach said he believed that he would stay all 4 years at UGA. That he was not afraid of any competition and that once he made a decision, he was not the type to waiver. That is the type of confidence and mentality he has. Committed. Stay the course.

Knowing all that, all of you speculating on Beck, might want to be more concerned with Brock....

I do not think Gunner is going anywhere either. And I hope he doesn't. Now if Arch comes...game-changer maybe. Except for Beck. My money is on him staying and starting in 2023. Or...2022

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In terms of Mitchell - best of luck to you.

But, yeah, I was surprised Beck stayed and I'm glad he did. He showed what he can do and while he won't likely start Game 1, I'd expect to see him play a fair amount this year.

In terms of QBs, Stockton isn't going anywhere nor is Beck... but Vandagriff is the one that is the biggest risk of transfer. He didn't play poorly, but certainly didn't wow ESPECIALLY as a Sophomore. He had some passes that weren't close and isn't developed to where Trevor Lawrence was Freshman (!) year nor even where Fields was Sophomore or even Freshman year. Not a criticism of him and if he stays another year then he should have an impressive year... but the risk of Transferring before the start of the 2023 season is pretty high.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go get em Tymon! BEst of luck to you!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to Tymon. But of course this level of transfer and from this position is exactly what the Dawgs need to get the roster number below 85. He's a promising lineman but wasn't even on the depth chart.

Are we expecting to see some O-line transfers also? I posit that because there are three, four or more promising guards and tackles there who'll never get to the two-deep level at Georgia. If they want to see the playing field on Saturdays, they'll have to move to a team that's not quite as rich with talent.

Regarding Beck. @JimDawg85@Jim: If he's QB2 right now, why would he transfer? Do you know something we don't know? Based purely on his place in the depth chart, his college class and his stage of development, Vandagriff seems most at risk to transfer -- which would be too bad because he also seems to be incredibly physically gifted. He could compete to start at a team like Missouri.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AL at it again in the TP. Reported to be picking up Lou WR Tyler Harrell. Harrell avg'd 29 y/c last season and runs a 4.19 40. Reported to be the fastest player in CFB. Not sure how AL has the room to add guys.