Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia LB Channing Tindall brings untapped potential, freakish athleticism to 2022 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia LB Channing Tindall brings untapped potential, freakish athleticism to 2022 NFL Draft

ATHENS — Channing Tindall didn’t have a start for the Georgia defensive last season, but the 2022 NFL Draft prospect had plenty of finishes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was my favorite player on last year’s team. Just the willingness to stick with it and then prosper and even dominate is what really resonates with me. I love watching him close on ball carriers. Hope he goes to a good team.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree 100%. This guy was like watching a machine learn more about things and react accordingly. He was outstanding and will be a huge get for anyone that drafts him. He was such a key part of why that defense was so strong.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always felt like we would sack the QB when he was in there. Going to be a steal for someone.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

I've been wondering for a while now why he isn't being projected as a first rounder. It's obvious that he has the size, speed and athleticism to flourish at the next level. And while it took him a little while to find his footing, but the time he left college he was a significant contributer on a truly elite defense that rotates heavily by design and just won a championship. What am I missing?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably just the limited volume of work. If you pick a first round guy, you have to be sure he starts. if he isn't a QB.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Yeah I considered that. But that applies to most of the players on UGA's defense - at least relative to the production they would have at most any other program where they would be the guy (provided they developed like they did here). That includes T. Walker. But he's been soaring upward in the projections ever since the combine. And that's what I don't get. Not the respect that Walker is getting, which makes perfect sense to me, but the fact that you've got two guys from the same team in very similar situations - the basis for Walker's ascension into the top 10 or higher could also apply to putting Tindall somewhere in the first round, while the knock on Tindall could also apply to at least some degree to Walker - and yet one guy is rating a lot higher than the other.

It's been pretty well established that it just takes one good year, so I don't see why it should matter all that much that Walker was more the productive one in his first couple seasons. I would think the scouts would just be assessing where they're each at now. But oh well. It's ultimately a good/fun problem for all parties involved.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Channing was buried on the depth cart but an unfortunate situation with another LB created the opportunity for him to get much more playing time in the second half of the season. Thank goodness that we had him! Kudos to Tindall for staying with the program and being ready when his opportunity came to shine. His loyalty is going to payoff handsomely when he hears his name called in the next couple of days. He is the epitome of a DGD and I look forward to following his career in the pros. I am sure he will continue to make DawgNation proud!