Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers following 2022 NFL Draft

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following 2022 NFL Draft

Georgia football had a very successful weekend with the 2022 NFL Draft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was so sorry that Shaffer and FitzPatrick got drafted by that sorry organization.

I'm done being a Falcons' fan.

Will root for Shaffer and Fitz, but that's it.

The way the Falcons treated Matt Ryan shows how classless they are too...it's one thing to be perpetual losers, and another thing altogether to treat a player like Ryan the way they did.

Go Dawgs! Go Eagles and Go Packers!

I wonder if I could make a shirt with a half red G and half green G.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The atlanta what?

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, always amazing how the Falcons go out of their way to try and NOT pick UGA players. I mean, that's great that they finally drafted a single Dawg... first in 11 years. I have to believe that it can't be a coincidence. Don't know what's up their butts.

Anyway, I think it should be noted that while some players may not have gotten drafted where they wanted, they STILL GOT DRAFTED. That may seem like a silly thing to say, but we've had players over the past couple of years foolishly declare a year too early and wound up undrafted and having to fight just to get a chance to play.

The initial payout might not be what you hoped, but it'll still be a very nice amount if you manage it properly. Work hard and you should have an excellent shot at being in the NFL for awhile.

Either way, huge wins for Georgia and look forward to seeing more of them in future playoffs and Super Bowls.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Kirby let Coach Rocker go and brought in Coach Scott, I thought Kirby had lost his mind! Coach Rocker was a “name” with a track record, but his room was perhaps the weakest link on the team in hindsight. Coach Scott has gone from unheralded coach to arguably the best hire Kirby has made!

The talking head “experts” are predicting a big fall off for the UGA defensive line this year. I’m not so sure. In Kirby and Coach Scott I trust!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

Some teams get it and some do not. I thought Dimitroff was back with how bad the Falcon's picks were. A new GM (and Jerry Jones) always try to "outsmart" everybody with their "brilliant" picks. It rarely works that way. The Falcon's taking a RB/QB/LB from Montana St in the 2nd rd would be laughable if it wasn't so bad. Using the 8th pick in the draft on a wr who can't separate in CFB is crime that Fontenot will never live down. Jamal Anderson-esque.

Falcon's missed out in a big way by passing over Pickens, Dean and Salyer. Adding those players would've elevated the entire Falcon program that has been total loserville w/o Matt Ryan to prop them up. Same old Falcons.

Many fans are fans of UGA AND the Falcons. The Falcons do not want to be in a position where they have to trade or cut a fan favorite, former UGA player. So they haven't traditionally drafted them. IMO.

Love the Pickens picture. You can feel the love. Nobody lives their team like the fans of the Steelers. Not uncommon to see grown men on their way to work wearing Steeler's jackets.

The CFB landscape has completely changed from when Saban left Mia for AL. Recruiting is a completely different animal now than it was then. So, while UGA is certainly in a great spot, you are not likely to see any more dynasties like AL has been. NIL and the TP has completely changed the game. If there is any good news from the chaos that NIL and the TP has caused it may be to hasten the retirement of Saban. Should AL win this year and Saban NOT get Arch it would not surprise me to see him walk away.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am like most UGA fans miffed by the Falcons refusal over the years to draft UGA guys. JUst think about how the LIons now have Hutchinson , a guy who played at Michigan., the Big state school. He will draw new fans or recapture some older fans who had lost interest. HIs jersry will be #1 in sales probably. Think if Atlanta had gotten Pickens or Dean or Q.Walker, or Tindall.

BUt with that said, the guy they drafted at Montana St. if he had played at a bigger school may have been the first LB off the board. 6'4"" 240 runs 4.1 forty , Montana HS player of the year on offense and defense his senior year. Played QB in college and RB. THens witched to LB who does that? THen became Player of the year in his conference, at LB.. like a 40 "vertical and 129" broad jump. High quality kid. So, there's that.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

First of all the Falcons had a good draft, believe it or not, way better than the last front office. 2nd - The Falcons went ALL IN to get Deshaun Watson, a local kid, and but all had him before he switched at the last second. They went to Matt Ryan and let him know before they started going after Watson and let him know that he could leave and go anywhere he wants regardless of what happed, that is class. Unlike the Browns when they didn't tell Baker anything and still kept him on the roster as a back up for right now. Check your facts before you go with your emotions.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, if that's what really happened, I apologize.

But that's not what I read. Besides, it sounds like something the Falcons would do, does it not?

Dude, the fact that the Falcons are what they have been for decades, that's not emotional.

They may have had a better draft than the last front office, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Imagine what they could have had if they had drafted someone like Dean versus the guy from Montana State.

If the Falcons want to grow their fan base, that's not the way to do it.

They'd have a huge local fanbase, but they've turned their nose up at Dawg fans for years.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No one knows exactly what they got in this draft and won't for at least 3 years they say. It's based on data, best guessing, and a players history(mental, physical, emotional, and on film). THrow all of that together and coupled with a teams"system" or philosophy(take defense- a 3-4 or a 4-3) and certain size players fit better in different schemes. And walla.

THe Dallas Cowpokes have had the most Pro-Bowlers the past 10 years. So good drafting right? But did they put together a great team? No! One doesn't neccesarily go hand in hand with the other, they have been generally irrelevant in terms of winning it all, which of course revolves around coaching as much as players, if not moreso. Guess who was 10th on the list? New England. You would think that the team that has dominated winning the SB would year in and out produce more Pro-Bowlers. But lesser teams like San Diego, Chicago and Cleveland have produced more Pro-Bowlers than NE.