Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A look at the trajectories of Georgia football and Texas as Arch Manning recruitment intensifies

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageA look at the trajectories of Georgia football and Texas as Arch Manning recruitment intensifies

Georgia football and Texas are both in the running for Arch Manning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Arch makes the 'Smart' choice, and picks Georgia.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The recent commit quarterback Eli Holstein..."

I usually refrain from commenting on the technical sloppiness of the writing on this site, figuring it is what it is at this point. But come on man, you couldn't go three words?

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If he signs with UGA, then in the Fall of 2023, Beck will be a Senior, Vandagriff will be a Junior, and Stockton a Sophomore. Do you think Manning plays his Freshman or Sophomore years? Do you think one or more of those first three guys transfer?

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The issue for UGA is Kirby has been great at signing 5* QBs'. However none of them have shined under Kirby & Co.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ther are no "proof readers" anymore. They used to have a tall stool next to the type setters. These scribes today, all rely on some form of AI to ensure their spelling and grammar are correct. It's just the way it is done now. Accuracy is only somewhat affected by speed. Speed is the boss. As much as I can't (or, can not) overlook the form errors in today's non-verbal media, the status thereof is defined by it's (possessive contraction) lack discipline. /s

• Options

Likely plays his second year in the system. I doubt he's able to master the true pro-style system fast enough to be the best option in his first year. Who transfers? Nobody knows. I do want to see UGA get Arch. Get the best player at every position every year, and see who wants to be at Georgia and watch the cream rise to the top.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not thinking Manning wants to wait a year or two to play. If he could waltz right in and be the starter then either the guys we already have are duds(don't believe that) or he's much much better than his tape. I don't see CKS offerring priviledge to a name. That would destroy what he preaches daily.

• Options

I think Arch may actually want to come in and learn the system, then challenge for the job in year-2. Young did that at Bama, and it's working out for him. Ewers transferred out of OS for a starting position at Texas is an opposite example.

Manning already has the name and if anything, he's been avoiding the spotlight. Didn't compete in the elite-11 QB competition, etc. I think his family wants to see Arch develop into a great NFL prospect first and foremost. Getting thrown to the wolves can sometimes be detrimental to a young QB.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Beck and Brock have 4 years of eligibility remaining (and Stockton has 5). Both had a redshirt in 2021 and Beck received a “Covid freebie” from the NCAA in 2020. I wonder if these eligibility issues were part of the reasoning for not playing them more this past season. I doubt seriously the ultra confident recruits like Arch Manning are concerned about the status of other QBs on the team. With that said, I wouldn’t completely rule-out Bama in the chase for Arch. It will be interesting to see if he keeps his official visit with the Tide in a few weeks. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm all for getting as many chicks under your wings so to speak as possible, if Manning comes I'll be delighted. Let it all come out in the wash, best man wins.

That said, according to the tape I've seen, he doesn't have a stronger arm than any of the present QB's and he can run but he doesn't run as well as Stockton. Maybe what he has best is between his ears, or can't be coached, but not many HS QB's could take the beat down Gunner took in the HS playoffs against Thomasville (a power house) and get back up and continue to will your team to compete. He's one tough nut.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Arch goes to Texas where the big oil money is and where the Cowboys are.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby certainly did offer “privilege” to Fields his freshman year. Fromm would have the offense clicking and for no other reason, Fromm to the bench and Fields into the game for his entitlement series for his maddening one look tuck and run plays. It was obvious Fields had not earned snaps by beating out Fromm as the starter. If the first look was open, Fields made some nice throws. Beyond that, he was clueless as far as running an SEC offense, yet kept getting snaps.

Kirby has done some great things at UGA! But, in the case of Fromm/Fields he was dead wrong! Sticking with Stets last year after JT was healthy is a good indicator that Kirby learned his lesson. Every snap should be EARNED regardless of position, player, or perceived “upside”.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not just the precedent of NFL drafts (and by implication you could be one) or game playing time (which any natural competitor wants), but the fact that you're playing against the best of the best every single day you're there, even if you don't start until year 3 (or even 4). Simply put, there is no better development incubator than that... which could very well be the most important draw for UGA to any kid/family looking at the big picture. Arch and his family also seem to really like Athens, so don't under-estimate the importance of that to the Mannings. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

Yeah, I agree with some of the guys saying Alabama is still in the running for Arch.