Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA approves $68.5 million Sanford Stadium project, $26.7 million tennis facilty

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageUGA approves $68.5 million Sanford Stadium project, $26.7 million tennis facilty

GREENSBORO — The University of Georgia Athletic Board approved a $68.5 million Sanford Stadium south side improvement project and a new $26.7 million indoor tennis facility on Thursday at its spring meeting at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge on Lake Oconee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A LOT of money being poured into the college sports arms race. How much of this will be affected by booster's contributing to NIL collectives vs school donations?

I wonder what Mark Richt thinks about UGA pouring $243.5 M into the program since he left?

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's gotta drown out the NIL noise some. These expenditures are providing a secure present and future for those who can handle the workload.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need a massive lit up G logo atop of Sanford stadium. Needs to be double sided so it's presented correctly when viewed from the front or back. You know how the Batman logo is shined up into the sky? Why can't we do something like that with our iconic G logo? You know recruits would enjoy seeing that. Fans would too! That would be awesome! Let's do something like this.

GO DAWGS!

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

What? No improvements for the North side of the stadium? I know visitors are over there but section 103-112 is UGA. I can assure you that 100 level concourse on the North side is in need of widening and improvement - not to mention the bathrooms. Glad UGA is a program that has the means to do any of this. There are fewer and fewer....... GO DAWGS!

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man...ALL that money at the epicenter of this storm. I know, I know...he's earned it and we have to have it so we can keep up with recruiting and NIL and...it's always going to be something.

I'm just saying that the mighty dollar has the juice right now.

Gotta win so we can make money to pay Kirby so we can win and make money so we can have enough money for renovations that will help us...wait for it...make money.