Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What Kirby Smart, Todd Monken contracts say about the direction of Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat Kirby Smart, Todd Monken contracts say about the direction of Georgia football

Georgia football is expected to show serious financial investment in Kirby Smart after giving offensive coordinator Todd Monken a new contract.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Did I miss the part where it talks about Kirby's contract. Until its in print, is there any point in using it as evidence? I'm glad they upped Monken's pay - extremely well deserved. Hope he's around for several years - Smart and Monken could be a really special team.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

What’s the length of the contract?

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Monken is worth the 2 million. In fact, it would be wise for Kirby to not be too greedy and make it easier to pay assistants enough to keep the staff in place. I mean just how much money does one need in this life?

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some stubborn, questionable narratives about Kirby Smart have been falling to the wayside lately. Between Monken's handling of the offense last year and his massive new contract now, I think it's safe to say "Smart wants complete control of the offense" can be added to that list.

• DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

"Georgia ranked ninth in the country in scoring offense a season ago"

I had no idea. wow