- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
NATIONAL HAMBURGER DAY / NATIONAL BEEF BURGER DAY / NATIONAL BRISKET DAY
A quick look at the title shows the dilemma in which I found myself. What is the difference between the first and second titles ? INot much, so I actually deleted the 2nd National Day from this post.s beef the only connection between what some folks consider BBQ and the burgers? Read on.
NATIONAL HAMBURGER DAY
National Hamburger Day on May 28th wraps up National Burger Month and also ushers in the summer grilling season.
Hamburger. Seasoned ground beef, grilled, and placed between two slices of bread or a bun. We even top them with sauteed onions, peppers, pickles, sliced onions, or cheese. Add condiments such as ketchup, mustard, or mayo. Any of these combinations create a modern American version of a hamburger.
The world’s largest hamburger was prepared on September 2, 2012, in Carlton, Minnesota by Black Bear Casino Resort and weighed in at 2,014 pounds.
Much controversy surrounds the origin of the hamburger. However, it most likely first appeared in the 19th or early 20th centuries. Over the years, the hamburger has become a culinary icon in the United States.
HOW TO OBSERVE National Hamburger Day
Fire up the grill and get some patties started. Will you add cheese and make it a double? There are so many options when it comes to our burgers these days, how do we even decide anymore? Some creative burger choices you might try are:
- bleu cheese
- fried egg
- barbeque and peanut butter
- mac & cheese
- Turkey Lovers’ Day
- Hot Dog Day
- Grilling Month
- Fajita Day
- Tailgating Day
- French Dip Day
- Craft Jerky Day
For Some Fun Hamburger Trivia See: http://www.foodreference.com/html/fhamburgers.html
NATIONAL BEEF BURGER DAY
Really nothing to look at here. So I deleted it. Not sure why there were two essential identical titles.
NATIONAL BRISKET DAY
Every year on May 28th, National Brisket Day celebrates one of the nine prime cuts of beef. Brisket comes from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal and when prepared correctly, renders both flavor and tenderness.
Brisket is a tough and relatively inexpensive cut of meat. While it requires some patience to cook brisket to tenderness, the reward is well worth the effort. Select a well-marbled cut of meat. The fat will keep the brisket moist and add flavor to the final product. Season it well and give it a dark sear. This will seal in the juices. Cook it slow and cook it long.
It can be cooked in the oven or over indirect heat over charcoal or wood. Many times oak, pecan, hickory, or mesquite is added to the other hardwoods to enhance the flavor. Brisket will be fork tender when it is fully cooked and is then served with or without a sauce.
If you have the grill fired up, go ahead and add some sweet corn and cauliflower, too. Both love the grill and they also complement brisket very well. There are plenty of recipes on the internet that will satisfy all sorts of tastes. Coleslaw and pasta salad also goes well with brisket. Add fresh fruit for this holiday. Depending on where you live, watermelon might be coming into season, but a fresh Waldorf salad would fit the bill, too.
HOW TO OBSERVE National Brisket Day
How do you prepare your brisket? Share your tips and recipes. If you don’t have a brisket recipe, enjoy this Bangin’ Smokey Beef Brisket recipe.