- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
NATIONAL SPLURGE DAY
What a strange word "splurge" is. Where did it even come from? something to do with an "urge" perhaps? While its origins may be distant, we all know what it means.
NATIONAL SPLURGE DAY
National Splurge Day on June 18th encourages us to break out the rainy day funds and spend a little.
Splurge, (as defined at Dictionary.com) is: to indulge oneself in some luxury or pleasure.
Splurging doesn’t require wiping out the savings account, especially if it’s only an occasional event. Of course, splurging comes in many forms. To some, it can mean saying yes to whipped cream on your latte or that bracelet you’ve been eyeing. To others, it might mean booking that vacation you’ve been dreaming about taking or replacing your clunker of a car. However you celebrate the day, savor the indulgence.
If you splurge on a day off to play golf, enjoy each moment of the 18 holes regardless of the score. Maybe the splurge is for a bottle of expensive wine. Select a good friend who will enjoy the vino, too.
Whatever it is, the day is about celebrating you and doing something you may not usually take the time or money to do.
Great Ways to Splurge
- Visit your favorite restaurant.
- Get a mani and a pedi.
- Take an art or cooking class.
- Update your wardrobe, at least a little.
- Take a nap.
- Get a massage.
- Wash the car.
Do you want more fun ways to splurge? Check out these 9 Budget Friendly Ways to Splurge and you will really be celebrating.
I think I'd like to go to a nice BBQ joint and have some ribs and sides. How would you like to splurge today?