Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football updates roster, includes freshmen jersey numbers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football updates roster, includes freshmen jersey numbers

The University of Georgia updated its roster to reflect the 2022 season. With the program adding another 12 players to the roster as a part of the 2022 signing class, the Bulldogs have a number of new faces, and thus new jersey numbers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm looking forward to major collisions between offensive opponents and the numbers 6, 7 and 13!

• Options
    EvilSamPittmanEvilSamPittman Posts: 790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

guess this means 340lb Bear Alexander isn't playing special teams w/ the same number (#99) as the punter - LOL :D

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I highly doubt he would be part of ANY special teams detail...other than FG's. His size & speed dictate that. They could even use use him on the goal, like they did Davis and Carter in 2021.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

I just want to point out that that small black spec to the left of Marvin Jones’ helmet (in the header image) is part of the chin strap, I reckon. After 30 minutes of trying to wipe it off my screen, I FINALLY realized what it was. Thought my screen was dirty.

This message was brought to you by a dummy. Me! 🤪

GO DAWGS!

• Options

LOL...Duuuddde...did you mean 30 seconds? In 2 seconds, I realized it was part of the picture, when I moved my screen up and down, the speck moved with the pic. 🤣🤣

BTW, for @EvilSamPittman, IF...UGA wanted to play Bear Alexander on punt coverage, all they would have to do, is have him put on a temporary jersey # and report in to the head referee before the play. But, it's highly unlikely, that they would want one of their defensive linemen to wear themselves out or get winded on punt coverage, right before they take the field, on defense. IMO

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We really have 3 Freshmen named CJ?

• Options

With backs, that seems to have always been the case. When I was going into my Sophmore year of HS at a new school in 1976, all the linemen were after the 70's. 72 and 74 were popular (I later wore #74). When the Coach asked me what number I wanted, a couple of my joke'ster teammates and friends were heckling in the background, "get #69....#69 is a good number". LOL. Needless to say, I could tell by their enthusiasm that #69 was the last number I wanted, so, I went with #71 cause #74 was already taken. I later found out what "69" meant. Let's just say it's a sexual position and kids are devious. LOL That's why you won't find many players wearing that number. LMAO