Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

How Justice Haynes decision reshapes outlook for Georgia football running back room

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageHow Justice Haynes decision reshapes outlook for Georgia football running back room

Georgia football saw one of its top targets pick Alabama in running back Justice Haynes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The kid clearly stated he is paving his own path. Nothing to be mad about here. If you want to go to a different school than your famous Dad, why wouldn't you pick the next best program? GROWL DAWGS GROWL!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Richard Young is significantly better than Justice Haynes. Both guys had Bama in their final 3 so now I’m feeling a speck more confident we can get Richard. If that happens then we may have benefited in the long run from Justice committing to Bama. Only time will tell. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish him well. I watched his film. A straight line/one cut runner without breakaway speed. Hope he uses his schoalrship to get a great education.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Spot on. If he doesn’t have his dads numbers, there would be speculation. If he were to outperform pops, then maybe his view of dad wouldn’t be as legendary. I think it’s a blow for UGA but a win for the kid.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The legacy aspect is extra pressure and it seems that many elect to go their own way. It almost commands more respect than living up to the perceived legacy. Nothing is guaranteed in either circumstance. Hats off to Kirby Smart for stocking the roster and coaching staff so we really never "lose" a recruit. If they choose to go elsewhere, they too can enjoy the view.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The misses among skill players in 2023 -- WR, QB, RB -- are mounting. All eight of the top 75 players that have either committed to Georgia or that we have a better than 20 percent chance of signing (per On3.com) are defenders. Just as concerning, I don't see any of the top-talent O lineman (other than Bo Hughley) headed our way in '23.

Rather puzzling because playing time is likely to open up with Bennett, McIntosh, Jones, McIntosh, Ericsson, Bowers, Washington and K. Jackson likely to move on after this season, plus maybe Milton.

It'll be nice if we convince Richard Young to come to Athens; maybe Haynes deciding on Bama is a sign that Young is leaning toward UGA.

I'm also still hopeful that a good passing game this fall might cause a topnotch WR who'd previously considered Georgia to give the Dawgs another look; I'm thinking Hykeem Williams and Jalen Brown.

But, at this point, our recruitment on that side of the ball is playing from behind. A lot of things will have to fall into place for us to adequately reload on O after this season. Of course, there's always the spring 2023 transfer portal!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thats his life and his choice. He earned the right to make it. The kids who want to be Dawgs will be Dawgs....

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read somewhere yesterday that Haynes is trying to recruit both Downs (who he called his best friend) and Young to 'Bama. Not saying that's for sure going to happen, but it's what Haynes told at least one outlet that he would like to happen. And the way Connor worded this sentence -- "And out-of-state targets Jamaal Jarrett and Joenel Aguero will both make their announcements this coming week for Georgia" -- makes it seem as if they are lock to pick UGA. I hope that's the case, but still, that's defense. Where is the offense going to come from? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

who's next. We will be alright, and the correct recruit will excel, (Walker, Hearst, Worley, Henderson, Lumpkin, Davis, Moreno, Hampton, Gurley, Chub, Michel, Swift, White,)

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

LOL ain't nothing bleak Connor. Far from it. Remember what I am about to remind you of, which you already heard but REALLY need to learn and KNOW. But this time let it be burned into your brain FOREVER...RBU baby. Watch and learn and never doubt or espout any negativity when it comes to UGA missing out on a RB. Doom and gloom blah, blah, blah. Because mark my words in STONE, come this time next year, no sooner than next year, you will see EXACTLY what I am saying. May you then also mark it in STONE for yourself, that not only will UGA always be looking good at RB, they will be looking damnnnn good at RB!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Where is the offense going to come from? Where it always has but even better. You doubt Kirby? Monken? Where did it come from last year? There is your answer. Just with some different players and some better plays baby! Gonna be fine at RB, just need another stud receiver to join the TE's to catch balls in 2023. And as always, all the best O-Linemen we can get!.