Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football towers above traditional rivals, but Alabama dynasty lurks

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football towers above traditional rivals, but Alabama dynasty lurks

ATLANTA — Where’s the threat?

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The future will be interesting indeed. But it's just like Kirby said, this program is built to maintain and improve along the way.

I believe in Kirby and his process. Right now, it's Kirby vs Saban for the SEC, who will challenge Kirby after Saban retires?

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

MG said: “Worth noting, no one is picking teams that might upset Alabama.” Well, nobody predicted any losses for Bama last July either, did they!? but they lost one and almost lost three others during the regular season.

Then: “Already, the narrative has moved forward with the Tide expected to defend its SEC Championship en route to the college football playoffs. [ that’s the narrative every year at this time, isn’t!?]”

And: “Smart might want to re-evaluate the landscape: some are writing off his ability to maintain a championship pace as much as they are Bennett.” [THIS is where the narrative has changed…..how strange and wonderful that the talking heads have moved from wondering whether Coach Kirby will ever win a championship….to now wondering if he can “reevaluate so as to maintain” a championship …..and have even gone so far as to make ludicrous predictions like UK and USCjr upsetting UGA just to give their new narrative legs!!]

Let’em talk! ….All I know is that “It is GREAT to be, a Georgia Bulldog” !!!

• UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you DA media for motivating Kirby even more - as impossible as that sounds.

I wonder also if Takeo and Chris can provide their prognostication for Auburn and Florida respectively. When will Harsin be fired? Will he make it thru the whole year? And how many more letters will Billy have to write this year. Classic we **** so I’ll throw shade on someone else.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't wait for the Sooners and Longhorns to join the SEC. We need a major shake-up in the regular season scheduling. Do away with divisions and add a 9th SEC match-up.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was thinking the same thing,, as I was reading this article.. I predicted BAMA will lose 1, possibly 2 regular season games in 2022. The law of averages is bound to catch up to them, sooner or later. They got lucky last year. Nobody expected FLA, LSU or AUB to give em hell in 2021. Those teams had enormous personnel and internal issues and had no business beating each other, much less BAMA...yet, they almost did. Then there's A&M, ARK and TENN. Either beat em or gave em all they handle.

Whether the "talking headaches" have the ball's to predict it, or not...and they don't...Alabama will probably lose a couple of games this year. If anyone says that on the National Stage, they're scoffed at and ridiculed behind their back. Those guys have all of the imagination and vision of a Sea Slug.

I don't mind em pickin UGA to lose a game or 2. That "rat poison" is yummy. LOL. I bet Ole Saint Nick wishes somebody would say something like that about his Tide. The narrative that "UGA could be upset, but, BAMA is invincible", is just lazy journalism. Just like the never-changing narrative on Bennett is lazy journalism, dishonest and wearing thin. It wasn't true last year and it's less true, this year.

Fact is, either team can be beat on any given Saturday...but, it's more likely that BAMA will be upset next year, than UGA. UGA is at least as talented and well coached. The experience level on both teams is about the same, overall. BAMA plays a tighter schedule than UGA and therein lies the coefficient that puts BAMA at higher risk than UGA. That's just my opinion.

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree that Clark needs to focus on his team actually showing up in Athens this year. First things first.