Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football position takeaways entering first day of full pads in fall camp

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football position takeaways entering first day of full pads in fall camp

ATHENS —The pads go on at Georgia on Tuesday, and that intensity ramps up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Based on the pics I've seen, I CANNOT remember a Georgia team that has thickened in the offseason like this!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

@MikeGriffith How’s Branson Robinson looking? He hasn’t ran over anyone in practice and killed them, has he? 🤣 Dude looks like the Hulk’s son. My God a freshman, as Larry would say.

And from some of the recent pics I’ve saw of Stetson, his arms look a little bigger. Can’t wait to see our warriors take the field! I’m ready for some football! Championships! Let’s go!!!!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    pepinpepin Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore

"The most imposing TE room in CFB history. Really."

Will say again. The early 2000s Miami Hurricanes that produced 1st round picks Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey and Kellen Winslow II (plus guys who weren't drafted in the 1st Kevin Everitt, Richard Mercier and Mondrail Fulcher) says hi. Really.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Who will step up at DL. That's the question.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

@Pepin Georgia has the best room -- meaning guys together at one time

Shockey and Winslow were in the same TE room one season at Miami -- 2001.

Franks last season at Miami was 1999.

Georgia has 4 stars in the room at one time -- Miami had 2 at One time.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

I think you missed the point. "imposing TE room (college) ". Franks , Shockey and Winslow never played on the same team hence in the same "room". Shockey and Winslow played 1 yr (2001) together. Winslow II had 2 rec.

Bowers 1st yr TD numbers are better than the college career TD numbers of Franks, Shockey and Winslow II. Bowers 1st yr TD numbers are better than Fulcher and Everett's career TD numbers .....combined. None of the Miami TE's matched BB's 1st yr yardage total (882) in any single season. Shockey's career rec yards totals (2 years) falls short of BB's freshman season total.

Throw in Gilbert. Washington and Delp, in the same room, and I think the point is made.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HIstory these days is a relative term...means about in recent memory. I'm sure Griffin didn't scower the annals.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry...those Miami guys couldn't hold UGA's TE's jock strap and didn't play at the same time. LOL. Again...you expose yourself.

They weren't next level, like Bowers, Gilbert, Washington and Delp.

You want to compare? Compare this...

Antonio Gates + Kyle Pitts + Rob Gronkowski + Tony Gonzales = Washington + Bowers + Gilbert + Delp = Best of the Best > Frank's + Shockey + Winslow

There's an equation your Florida education may allow you to comprehend. If not...use the internet to decipher. LOL

Chew on this...Uga has the #1 TE's in the next 2 recruiting classes committed and ready to step into the fold, when their time comes. I don't look for a significant fall-off in the TE room for years to come. Tell Miami, "Kirby says Hi, come join us up here.". LOL

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oscar Delp...was the most highly coveted TE in the 2021 recruiting class and relentlessly pursued by Todd Hartley, Todd Monkin and Kirby Smart. Based on his recruiting hype and G-Day performance, he is most definitely a star.

We heard some of the same things about Bowers last year, that we're hearing about Delp this year, going into the season. He didn't quite have Bowers' size, during Spring practice, but you can expect that to change rapidly.

There's a reason all these elite TE's congregated on the same team, with more to come, in 2023-24. Monkin is planning on redefining the TE position as you know it. That's the only reason these guys all came...and stayed, when they didn't have to. They want to be part of "The TE Awakening". LOL

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Being a south Florida native, the Canes were my #2 team in the 2000s, so I followed them closely. I'd take this current Georgia TE room over that one, hands down. Really. Go Dawgs!