Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Roquan Smith requests trade from Chicago Bears

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageRoquan Smith requests trade from Chicago Bears

Roquan Smith, one of UGA’s best players in the NFL, has requested a trade from the Chicago Bears.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know much about contracts, but it sounds like he may indeed be "getting screwed". Hope he gets the payout he deserves.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Take your talents to KC Roquan!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

One of the greatest defensive performances I've ever seen throughout the 2017 season. The NFL is a business and Roquan needs to take care of himself. It's a brutal game with long-lasting effects.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Seems pretty straight forward. Loved his letter explaining his position - super well done. Appropriate amount of reason - no hate. This guy is pretty special. Pony up the money or trade him.

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, Smith is one of the best in the nfl. He deserves to be paid as such. I know little of nfl contract negotiations, but I do know that careers in the league are risky. If I were a player of his caliber, I think I would be looking for a contract with a high amount of guaranteed money. Seems to be common for high caliber players lately.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we say Dallas or DC? Do not know what they have they would be willing to trade for him though.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is so much here that can be said about how Roquan has handled himself in Chicago - He has played at a HIGH level, he has been a great ambassador for the team - he is community focused. He is a great role model. All of these assets are reasons why the admin should come to the table and pay this class act what he is worth. It is ridiculous to have a player of this caliber and string him along or under value him. I hope this DGD gets everything he is asking for. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 38 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stay the course Roquan. They need you more than you need them. With what you have done and how you have handled yourself as a pro, they would be fools to let you get away. The world is full of fools. You'll be where your path takes you. The best is yet to come.