Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anthony Evans III: Blazing fast 4-star Texas speedster sounds conflicted with a decision coming soon

2»

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You will be well received here kid. Go Dawgs!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I, personally don't believe any of the preseason commitments, including Manning, are set in stone. A lot can change between now and the end of the season. Including, Coach hiring & firings, player transfers and injuries, team records and performances, etc..

For instance....Look at FLA last year. Nobody in their right mind, could've predicted that the Gators would collapse and Dan Mullin would get fired. The same could happen to Texas, this year. BAMA could wind up with 3 losses. Saban could retire. OSU could lose to Notre Dame and Michigan.

Makes for good conversation, but, other than that...I wouldn't bank on many of the commitments. We'll see how things are panning out in November.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

I don't see much "wrong" with what DDawg said. Certainly you gave no "reasons" to back up WHY his opinion is any less accurate than your own. IDK about marrying Gundy, that seems rather extreme. But position coaches play a very important role in decision making (See Roquan Smith). Everything else seems like it could be pretty accurate.

This kid is all over the place and doesn't seem like a UGA lean at all. Re-uniting the entire family in GA is probably the only pull for this kid to come to UGA other than playing in a winning program. The reference to ATL is a head scratcher unless he is referring to the big picture after graduation.

IDK why so many GA players are going elsewhere. There are many theories. UGA not recruiting them as hard as other players. Players that don't think UGA can develop them or give them the playing time as quickly. NIL. They grew up fans of AL or LSU or ?. They want an 'away from home' college experience. The big one: "I can't put up big numbers in the UGA O". Who knows? I think CKS will fill out a potential Top 5 class. But, SO FAR, the OFFENSIVE players committed to UGA have been underwhelming.