Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Auburn star: Why Georgia offensive line better than Alabama line

SystemSystem Posts: 10,489 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageAuburn star: Why Georgia offensive line better than Alabama line

ATHENS — Georgia football has plenty of questions to answer as it reloads for the 2022 season, but the offensive line is not one of them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Should we be concerned the article fails to mention Amarius Mims?

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s a good point. I was hoping to hear he was grinding it out hard in camp since his change of heart about fsu. The young man certainly has the physical attributes to maul people, but I remember Isaiah Wynn. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog that counts.

Hope mimms is doing amazing and finds the field.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

"And, Hall indicated in giving Georgia the edge over Alabama, they are well-coached." We really haven't seen this UGA line coached by Stacy Searels yet. It will be interesting to see how they perform. Can they maintain or exceed the standard held by the previous UGA OL's? This OL is definitely bigger at OG. Very tall. Does that create a problem for a small QB seeing and throwing over the middle?

Been waiting for some Micah Morris mention. He was a very highly rated, home grown OG from the '20(?) class. All the reports I've seen have had Jared Wilson running 2nd team at OG.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nice compliment by Hall (and yes, totally rat poison), but I'm hardly surprised he didn't say Alabama's line was the best. Pretty sure they'll be even more amped up to block him in the Iron Bowl now.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice to hear a player from a rival team giving out a compliment like that. Yes our O line has Huge potential. But it All has to come together through hard work in practice and executing Together as a complete unit in the Real games. So for now spit that rat poison out and Work, Work, Work !! Keep the Big Picture in mind at All times and your rewards will be heaped upon you at the end of the road !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2022

@navydawg

First off, if you see anyone reputable who ranks UGA any lower than #3 let me know. Second, Ohio State and Alabama aren't rated #1 and #2 because people regard UGA to be deficient. They are rated #1 and #2 because people view Ohio State and Alabama as proficient. In other words, it is giving other great teams the credit they are due. Ohio State had the #1 offense in the country last year and because QB Stroud, WR Smith-Njigba and RB Henderson (all projected NFL 1st rounders) are back surrounded by guys who were quality backups last year and most of the OL, everyone thinks they will have the same this year. If you aren't going to rank the presumptive #1 offense in the country #1 or #2, where else do you put them and why?

Alabama is ranked #1 for a simple reason: they led UGA in the national game in the 4th quarter and have everyone significant back but their LT and WRs. Plus Alabama got starters at LT, Y and Z WR, RB and CB from the portal. So why believe Alabama to be worse than they were in January? For this most UGA fans are counting on Burton and Harrell not being as good as Williamson and Metchie. I agree but the problem is that with Gibbs at RB plus an OL that will return 4 starters and add the portal LT (where last year's team replaced replaced 3 starting OLs) they won't have to be.

Georgia? While UGA's offense will certainly be improved, don't expect anything close to the 560 yards and 45 points that Ohio State's offense put up last year. And yes, losing 15 draft picks plus DBs Brini, Carroll and Speed to the portal (who may actually be missed more than #1 and #2 flanker Burton and Robinson) makes it impossible to say "same team minus 2 or 3 guys" like Bama.

I wonder if any other fan base in the country would view being ranked #3 after losing 15 draft picks plus at least 3 guys who are going to start for other likely ranked teams (Speed at Michigan State, Brini at Arkansas, Burton at Alabama) to the portal as a slight. In any case it isn't a good thing.