Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dominick Blaylock’s strong start all the more important as injuries mount at wide receiver

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageDominick Blaylock’s strong start all the more important as injuries mount at wide receiver

Dominick Blaylock has had a strong fall camp, a very welcome sign for the Georgia offense.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Totally Agree !! I to just lifted Prayers for Dom. I Love our Dawgs and want them to succeed at the highest levels, but I Also want guys like Dom Blaylock to be able to over come and succeed at the highest levels as well. Guys like Dom and Arian Smith have been through So Much adversity regarding injuries that When and If they finally break through and make it Big it just gives you Extra, Extra Joy & Pleasure to see it happen !! Not just because they are Dawgs but to the best of my knowledge of reading and watching about the Dawgs, Both of these guys are great young men. I’ve never read or seen anything bad about their character. And so I really want to see them be highly successful for the Team and for themselves. Just lifted a Prayer for the young Freshman Andrew Paul and all our other injured Dawgs as well. I Know that injuries are all part of football, but the Season Ending or most of the season injuries have to be extremely tough emotionally on these guys. They want to compete !! It’s a huge part of their total being. And when that’s taken away by an injury, I’m sure over coming the mental aspect is as tough if not tougher than getting past the physical part. So Prayerfully & Hopefully these young men Will be back and make a Big impact for the Team and themselves !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Prayer is Powerful Dawgnation! These guys need it as much as they do the physical treatment!

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is it just me, or does Ladd the Impaler seem to go a little underrated? I never hear much mention of him from any of the writers here other than to say, “he also plays for the team.”

The kid was right on last season, if a little smaller than some other receivers.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley ..."But it still paints a less than rosy picture at a key position for the Bulldogs this season."

LOL...Why don't you try looking at it from the same heart-shaped, rose colored glasses you use, when describing Alabama's O-Line or WR prospects for 2022. That should help drastically. LOL

If you include UGA's RBs, TEs and WRs in your assessment of the Bulldog passing game for 2022...Bennett has more than enough targets to throw the ball to. What happened to BAMA last year with Williams & Metchie, and the year before, with Waddle...is exactly why you don't put all your eggs in one basket, on offense.

If all your ace WRs go down (and that seems to be the trend with SEC Teams), what WILL you do if you can't run the ball? TEs and RBs out of the backfield and off the edge and in wheel routes? BLOCKING, BLOCKING, BLOCKING! That is the primary ingredient to winning offensive football. There is no substitute....except, maybe speed. LOL

UGA is a second to no team, when it comes to blocking, tackling and physicality. THAT, alone, can win games that shouldn't be won. Throw in their speed and athleticism...and superior coaching staff...I don't see how you can pick them to lose any regular season game on their 2022 schedule.

Unless, maybe you're an obscure SECN/ESPN reporter trying to make a name for yourself. No skin off your nose, if you're wrong. Right, Chris Doering??? If you're right, you can have others on your Network point to it, and say, "look man...you called it during SEC Media Days". If you're wrong??? Well, nobody will recall or say a word. That's why it doesn't take any particular courage to make a **** prediction...like, "Kentucky will upset UGA". And it's why I don't pay attention to most of these i-d-i-o-t-s. No skin in the game. Nothing to lose...everything to gain. They get paid to fill air-time and sell advertising dollars, but, other than that....my guess is better than theirs. IMO....LOL.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same with Beal, IMO. He led the Dawgs in sacks, with only half a season's worth of games under his belt...playing on a defense that had a record number of #1 draft picks. Yet, he's either not mentioned or barely mentioned, with the likes of "Pop" Johnson, Nolan Smith or Jalen Carter. I don't get that.

I think it has something to do with reporter awareness...not player production. Beal and McConkey will be "front-and-center"...come September 3rd. Just like they were throughout the 2021 season.