Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama raises Nick Saban above Kirby Smart, Tide all-in on maintaining dynasty

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageAlabama raises Nick Saban above Kirby Smart, Tide all-in on maintaining dynasty

ATHENS — Alabama couldn’t beat Georgia in the national championship game, but the Tide showed it can still out-spend the Bulldogs at the bank.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

I always wonder who'd win in a race, Elijah Holyfield or Jordan Davis.

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like Alabama thinks they are in a pissing contest and then peed all over themselves. I guess they do not have business degrees? By the way SEC coaches putting that many Alabama players on the SEC preseason team is shooting yourselves in the foot. Perception is everything and you are hurting your own recruiting. That like telling a recruit that Alabama is the place to not with me.

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

I'm fairly confident Saban's going nowhere, but that's based on his age and not what he says. In fact, I trust what he says about as far as I can throw him. Originally from south Florida, I continued to follow the Miami Dolphins a bit... and to this day, those fans despise him because at precisely the time he was saying he was going nowhere as their head coach, there was a moving truck in his driveway and he was gone a few days later. Rest assured, Nick's gonna do what's best for Nick, and what comes out of his mouth serves that purpose first and foremost. Go Dawgs!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2022

Wowie. I wish I could lose a game my whole fan base thought would be a no-brainer, scold that fan base for demanding my team win games, blame the team for the loss and not being motivated enough, and come home with a $1million RAISE. Sign me up!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder what the Vegas odds are for Kirby and Saban finishing their new contracts. My money says Saban will hang it up soon, but Bama had to increase his salary or look almost as weak as they did in January 😉

Go Dawgs!!!

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Surprised Headline doesn’t read:

Saban Announces Retirement!!!

in 10 years

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tell ya….the Dawgs are living in the heads of the Bama admin, coaches and players rent-free…..just another example!

Gotta love it!

Go Dawgs!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bet he whined that “Kirby wouldn’t have got that contract if Metchie and Williams had not been hurt”…….

🤣

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bowden coached until age 79, Paterno to age 85, so it's certainly possible that Saban is an active head coach in 2030. Some folks thrive under pressure

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't exactly call what Bowden's and Paterno's teams were doing at those times "thriving."

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Image is one dimensional, character is multi-faceted. Go Kirby, Go Dawgz. Beat bama.😎

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd say about 2 years in a row of not winning a NC, 3 years for definite sure, and the fans start murmuring(and they always do) with great expectations and having done so multiple times in the past, they figure it's their right, and who knows, Saban just might just say, "OK, I'm out of here." I don't believe old Bobby and Old Joe Pa were as effective as ther younger selfs. I don't see Nick at 74-75 being as good as Nick at 65. JMHO But who knows?