Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football defense will go as far as its 2021 signees carry it

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football defense will go as far as its 2021 signees carry it

Georgia football will rely heavily on its 2021 signees on the defensive side of the ball.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oregon will be a solid test. Lanning-Smart is like Smart-Saban match-up was. The underling against his mentor coach. At first I thought it would be a UGA runaway...no longer. The Ducks are fielding a very good team. Just missed by one a top ten ranking. UGA will field a very young but talented roster. I can see mistakes and miscues...but UGA the ultimate victor. I do believer Stetson Bennett will play a major role in this win. It will be an offensive win not defensive. UGA TEs will dominate. I don't know who will be in the backfield yet for sure. Milton? Bennett's arm and legs will spell the difference I do feel. I also hope the kicking game is solid. Jalen Carter will have a field day bullying opponents and hopefully batting down FG attempts. Nolan Smith should also shine. UGA will be tough to beat in 2022...Lassiter feels that way as well. "UGA is tough."

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, that video of past dawgs at the ATL-Jacksonville practice does a heart good! Great to see the former players sending positive messages and encouragement to the current Georgia players in the trenches grinding it out for the new season. It's great to be a dawg!! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coaching and more Coaching. I’m trusting in the Top Notch Coaches at UGA to have these very young but Very talented players ready. I agree with UGA66 there Will be mistakes and some might be pretty bad, as these young guys just don’t have the experience. BUT I’m trusting in one of if not The best Coaching Staffs ( Really on Both sides of the ball) to Coach these kids up not to make the same mistakes twice. I Know in college football you don’t have the luxury of making many mistakes, and I’m sure there will be some Oh No !! moments for Dawgs fans. But I think that these Coaches will bring these young Very Talented guys up to speed much faster than expected. Still if will take some time, another thing that’s not a luxury for a team vying for another Ntl. Title. But I’m Believing and counting on our Offense to keep the W’s on the score board until the Defense can get fully locked in. I’m sort of Concerned not worried yet, but concerned about our Special Teams. I’m concerned about some of the things I’ve read on here about that unit. They need to improve and Soon !! All in all though I think this years Dawgs are a Very, Very solid, Championship contending team !! Go Dawgs !!