Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm to join DawgNation at Marlow’s Dunwoody next week

SystemSystem Posts: 10,434 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageJake Fromm to join DawgNation at Marlow’s Dunwoody next week

We invite you to join DawgNation at Marlow’s Dunwoody on Thursday, Sept. 1, as we kick off the 2022 football season. And, to make this event even better, we will be joined live by former Georgia QB Jake Fromm.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Go Dawgs! Hoping to be there and meet some of you in the flesh. 😎

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's obvious you don't know the context of the texts. He was in a conversation with a friend and is is so very obvious that he was making a joke, and not even a racist one. He was poking fun at himself in the texts and this "friend", years later saw an opportunity to get her name out there so she could get a job with a sport program.

Do you REALLY believe he was a quarterback for a major school in the south, working with a largely black team and disliked blacks? Be serious.

He apologized because, like so many actually innocent people, he was coerced into it.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

But it's ok for you to degrade him? Who are you to judge ANYONE? Only 1 judges me, and others, and it isn't you. Look in the mirror and you'll see A TRUE HYPOCRITE.. That's not judging, that's stating a FACT.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I live in Mobile, AL so I won’t be at Marlowe’s. I would like to ask Jake about his obvious silence concerning the Dawgs natty and his decision to skip his senior year and if the two are connected.

I am convinced that Kirby’s handling of the QB situation in 2018 didn’t play well with Jake. In no way, shape, or form did Fields earn playing time that year. Kirby granted him entitlement snaps the entire year that resulted in totally wasted three-and-outs, especially against tough, SEC competition. Jake’s decision to leave early negativity impacted the QB room in 2019 much more than Fields’ transfer, but I don’t blame Jake one iota!

I am glad Jake is back at UGA taking classes and if his pro career is over would love to see him on the sidelines as a grad assistant.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Jake made a little money for his time in the NFL. He was one of our last star QB’s prior to the NIL era. I am sure he would have stayed and made a lot of money had that been an option for him. Personally, I think his future lies in coaching. Maybe they could groom him to take over for Kirby some day.