Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett pukes and rallies Georgia football to another dominant showing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett pukes and rallies Georgia football to another dominant showing

Stetson Bennett overcame a second-quarter stomach bug to beat South Carolina on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

SB IV also had his all too usual complement of underthrows and throws behind receivers. Yes, he's effective since he can run and has great receivers, but he's hardly the second coming.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Lexi33 No one said he is the second coming. They are just saying he is one of the top QBs in the country. Haters hate because that is all their limited mental capabilities allow them to do.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett passed for 69.6% with no INT's, 16 of his 23 passing attempts for 283 yards.  while leading the team in rushing yards. While obviously not being 100% with his stomach issues.

"He became the first player in college football to throw for 250-yards and have a passing touchdown and rushing touchdown in each of his first three games since Patrick Mahomes did so to start the 2016 season."

Bennett's 2nd (SEC) Passer Rating - 183.48. 1st (SEC) Completion Percentage - 73.9. 1st (SEC) YDS ATT - 10.8.

He's only 48 YDS short of 1000 in only three games. Zero INT's.

This is the first year he's been given a real shot (Established Starter) from the start of Spring practice. How could the results be any better?

• Options
    Dawglifer72Dawglifer72 Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophomore

Lexi, I usually don’t respond to people’s comments but you obviously are very immature and don’t know football. He honestly had maybe one or two bad throws and one was when he vomited. No quarterback is ever perfect but for some reason the haters of Stetson thinks he should be. On one of the so called over throws, one was to Ladd who is a little shorter than most of the receivers he is throwing too and maybe if it’s to one of the tall receivers that’s a touchdown. The other incompletion was on the flea flicker that hits him in shoulder pads. So I wish everyone would just enjoy this ride rather than always pointing out the negative. Kirby is our coach and obviously is one of the best so let him do the coaching!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett is an outstanding college QB and one that doesn’t fit the profile of what most fans want to see, or think they want to see. Given the time he has had as the starter during the off-season and in current practices, he has taken his game to another level. One can’t legitimately have a discussion of the best college QBs in 2022 without him being in the top 2-4. Just a great job in all phases now; love how he is checking down now instead of trying to make things happen. Glad the element of his “story” is taking a backseat to the quality QB play he is showing. Go Stet and Go DAWGS

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They weren’t bad throws I just question the design of the play where you have Ladd trying to get jump balls in the back corner of the end zone.Bowers yes , Washington yes, AD yes but Ladd? Doesn’t seem the right pattern for the little guy.

• Options
    deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You really should get a new team to pull for! These Dawgs just don't meet your standard!

As for me & my house- GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think I’ll defend Lexi a little. Watching most college QB’s you will notice passes that are high, low, behind or out in front. If you have never thrown a ball to a moving target you wouldn’t appreciate the skill required to hit a receiver on the numbers in stride. That’s why it’s a team sport. The line protects, the receivers adjust, and the dawgs score.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only the best QB rating in the SEC. He can always focus and get better, right??

GATA, Lexi!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bennett did great, but I was also really impressed with Beck. He looked fantastic with his throws: a huge improvement over last year. Vandagriff didn't seem to impress in his limited time playing however. My bet is that Stockton will take over before he does.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This isn't the only place one can find criticism of Stetson Bennett.

Should QB1 win a second National Championship, go undefeated, and win the Heisman Trophy, there will still be Dawg fans who fail to appreciate him.

Bless their hearts!

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fellow Dawg Fans: There was no game audio where I was watching the game. After the pylon run, what point was Kirby making during a time out when he snatched the towel from Bennett and started gesticulating with a water bottle as some kind of prop? Did he not want his QB to reach out for the pylon with the ball in his hand? Or might this have been related to his "overhydration?"

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pylon holding the football with both hands

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see. Thank you.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, Stetson had a great game Saturday even with his stomach issues, What would it have been if he had ben at 100%?.