Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Samuel M’Pemba: Why the ‘Dawgs are hunkering down to try to land the 5-star EDGE rusher

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageSamuel M’Pemba: Why the ‘Dawgs are hunkering down to try to land the 5-star EDGE rusher

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep provides a good window into 5-star Samuel M’Pemba. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 EDGE and the No. 24 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Consensus has him as the nation’s No. 3 EDGE and the No. 23 overall recruit for this cycle.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Time to come to UGA and be elite iron sharpens iron. Go Dawgz sic'em.😎

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

There is no coaching staff with a better reputation for developing players.....especially defensive players, than UGA. DL will have Oregan in that class but it will take a year or two. Alabama is in decline with questions about how long Saban will be around and their coaching staff a yearly musical chairs patch work.

I would emphasize to both....DON'T COMMIT TO THE G UNLESS YOU ARE MENTALLY, PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY PREPARED TO BECOME THE NEXT DGD BY PUTTING IN THE WORK TO MAKE IT A REALITY!

With that said, I can think of no better look than both young men in RED & BLACK.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

M’Pemba....very cool name. Sounds like a perfect with UGA too.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

OK taking my homer hat off for a moment and being as honest as I possibly know to be. In the Current ( last year to and could easily add the previous year to that) CFB landscape I don’t know of ANY college football program that could coach a young defense player better than UGA. Period. I mean all these players need do strictly in terms of Coaches is just Look whose on staff !! As far as education goes though I didn’t attend any college, UGA is very well established as a top school of continuing education. The City of Athens is a nice, clean town. ALLOT of things to go and see and do for a young man. And I mean Good things. Lastly a player would be on a Current National Champion Team that is in scorching hot pursuit of Another. And if UGA can keep the current Coaching staff I don’t see any let up for quite a few years to come. If UGA doesn’t win a Natty they WILL end the next quite a few years in the top 5. It’s the New Georgia Elite Standard under Kirby Smart is what it boils down to being. So if I lived slam on the other side of the country and MY son was a 5 star player on Either side of the ball. I’d be telling him “ Son in the end it’s Your decision, but My advice to you is, you better sign up with Georgia and Kirby Smart” !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he's as good as he appears to be, I obviously hope he comes to UGA. But, BUT, if he's that good he can likely go anywhere in the country and wind up in the NFL in 3 years. Other schools develop players well, too. Will Anderson was a 3-star from Georgia. He's done OK at Alabama. Same goes for Azeez Ojulari's brother at LSU. Both of them have a good chance of being first-round picks (Anderson is a lock). So I hope and pray this kid picks UGA, but I understand if he doesn't. Go Dawgs!