Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: George Pickens’ one-handed catch amazes viewers, thrills Pittsburgh Steelers fans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: George Pickens’ one-handed catch amazes viewers, thrills Pittsburgh Steelers fans

George Pickens continued his ascension toward NFL stardom on Thursday night, making a one-handed grab that left onlookers stunned.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Epic Pickens......words are hard to come by to describe his ability.

• Options
    Cali_DawgCali_Dawg Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

As far as maturity that was evident based on some of the sideline incidents that Pickens was penalized for during uga vs uf 2020. If memory serves me correctly.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe the penalties you're thinking of came against Tech in 2019 and against TN in 2020. As far as I can recall, Pickens was pretty much by the book in 2021.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Kirby and co. did a nice job of developing Pickens' character as much as his receiver skills over his years at UGA. A real benefit to all involved, esp. George himself.

Setting aside being a fan of the team and the results, you have to admire what they've created here in terms of helping people be not just better ball players, but better human beings.

Hopefully, future recruits and their families will see that as much or more as they see the chance to win and/or build personal stats... the wins/stats will come from developing talent, skills, AND character, IMHO 😁

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pickens will still have his attitude, lol. But he's grown up so much. Talent was always there. Always had a great can do attitude. Like with all of his diving catches. How many wide receivers have you seen give up on a play. Pickens didn't really give up on many, I can give him that.

But as far as the coaching character goes, evidence this week of why one went to THE Columbus. Basically shunning fans and everyone else because HE didn't perform. That's the very last set of people kirby would ever talk bad about. So I can see now why some, not all who have, transfer out.

• Options
    ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited September 2022

The Falcons missed out, yet again...