Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia AD Josh Brooks, President Jere Morehead address scheduling concerns for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia AD Josh Brooks, President Jere Morehead address scheduling concerns for Georgia football

Georgia AD Josh Brooks and president Jere Morehead discuss the future of the Georgia schedule.

Read the full story here

Comments

• OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not on point, but since this is about President Morehead and AD Brooks, who make the financial/contract decisions, a proposal: How about we increase OC Monkens salary to, say, %5,000,000 and make him Assistant Head Coach, with a huge buyout figure? He is worth all of that!

• Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

So, we'll be out of pocket for another set of near useless tickets and parking charges for the pleasure of holding our season tickets.

• SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Oklahoma game being cancelled and adding one fill in home game next year is not the complaint . The complaint is the years of putting a poor product at home for the season ticket holders . The ruse of a proposed home and home with Oklahoma. Who but Georgia calls it a home and home with an 8 year gap ? You mean to tell me Oklahoma could not fit Georgia in the schedule before then ? The problem is the years of meaningless games we have had to endure . If Georgia does have a meaningful matchup you can bet it will be played at a neutral site and cost a fortune to attend . Just go ahead and keep the Florida game in that poor excuse for a stadium while the Gators laugh at that ruse and I don’t have all day to get started on Stanford’s short comings. How do you consistently run out of water before halftime? Guess they don’t want to order too much in case it expires . You can only keep putting an inferior product out for so long before you lose your customers and then you spend any amount to get them back . I’ll drop my tickets after this year and just pay for the decent games and whatever MB game we have .

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Totally agree, I don’t like going to the stadium anymore and I live 15mins from Sanford, would rather watch better games on TV than a blowout by UGA!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great points and can’t argue with any of them. Add the headaches of getting around and it just isn’t worth the cost to see it live. If one calculated the cost of the ticket based on time you stayed at these really weak games, it would likely be double. Hard to stay 4-quarters for many of these games especially when it isn’t until late 3rd or early 4th before any backups of interest get playing time. If they don’t take the opportunity to end the Jacksonville agreement, that home schedule will remain sad at least every 2 years.

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Even though Oklahoma was not a home game, the issue with another opportunity to see the Dawgs at home is really the competition. If the OK game was rescheduled with a neutral site game against App State or “hot” team of choice, these conversations would be moot.

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks to me that Sankey, Moorehead and Brooks opted for quick and easy rather than putting their heads together and figuring out a way to make UGA/OK happen. This is shaping up to be a huge money making opportunity blown for nothing more than laziness and convenience. For what these individual are paid, I expect much much more when dealing with the interest of students, season ticket holders, and DAWG FANS across the country!!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@OldJeepBob

I'm with you. THis offense is fun to watch. I don't know how many times in past years with other OC's we've had that I have said, " How come we can't have a receiver running wide open like other teams did on the ESPN highlight reels from their games?" It always seemed like no one was open or if they were it was such a small window of openess, every throw was contested. Now days it seems like at least someone is open on every play.

Who was it that said, that our "route trees" weren't your typical route trees? I think it was Desmond Howard. I think that was telling.