Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ladd McConkey struggles, second-half bounce back sums up ‘****’ win for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 7,422 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageLadd McConkey struggles, second-half bounce back sums up ‘****’ win for Georgia football

ATHENS — Ladd McConkey was not the sole reason Georgia found itself in a 32-22 game in the fourth quarter. He was not the only Bulldog who didn’t play up to the Georgia standard on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Missouri, Auburn and Vanderbilt teams that will struggle to reach 6-6 and then a bye is no "meat of the schedule." So UGA has plenty of time to get healthy and in an offensive rhythm. I am more concerned with the pedestrian stats through 4 games for a bunch of guys who will (or want to) enter the draft after the season.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Love the dawgs but not impressed with any phase of our game beside FG/EP aspect. Poor poor poor tackling, nutty mistakes, and a WIN. Thank you for that. Please show me a better team on the next outing

• Options
    Woof1212Woof1212 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

It’s clearly on Kirby . Damnit coach 3 times the Kid put stress on the defense. Earn your keep!

• Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

You could add Lassiter to the list, every team is picking on him. He plays soft coverage, doesn't tackle well and really does not like to hit.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree, mndawg. What's up with Lassiter? Took a couple of the worst angles ... Nolan Smith is out there taking on 2 blockers on the perimeter and Lassiter (and Smith too, I think), come barreling in on the inside, letting their #81 run wild after the catch.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just my opinion but possibly play like todays is a result of several easy games back to back. We are fortunate it happened with Kent State and not like last years SECC . Teaching lesson for CKS. and time to get the young men refocused.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2022

Good thing it was Kent State, who got beat down by Oklahama 33-3. Otherwise even Vandy would have taken us to the limit. UT and UF both looked tougher on the O-line than UGA. We cannot even run the ball well enough to assist the passing game. We have no WR who can separate himself from a defender on a deep pass. This season is a LONG way from being a waltz to the CFP...

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He had a bad beginning no sugar coating it but proud of the coaches sticking with him and he had a HUGE reception at n a not ao great pass. He will bounce back, learn from this game and be a better player.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It seemed that on fumbled punt, McConkey must have been told that he had been taking too many fair catches. There really was no reason for him to try and run that one back. But after that play, he looked to be shying away from contact. He certainly short-armed that attempt in the end zone.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not sure what McConkey's best game so far was, but I'd expect without those miscues, this could've topped his best previous game. Looked like a lack of focus, and he seemed to be hearing footsteps on the TD drop in the endzone.

He and the rest of the team likely needed this kind of game. Anti Rat-Poison.

• Options
    SOARDAWGSOARDAWG Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

There's no way around it, the Dawgs were most definitely off their game, but the big question is why? Noon game, listening to all the rat poison, etcetera, etcetera, or could it actually be that Kent State has a pretty good team? I'm not sure whether the Dawgs just had an off game because of another ridiculous noon start, perhaps being a little too overconfident and played that way, nevertheless, I am absolutely positive Kent State has a good team. In fact, as some have already alluded to, I believe Kent State would have beaten Samford and the SC gamechickens.

Still, I had no doubt about the outcome of the game, even after all the **** mistakes, missed opportunities and blown defensive plays, the Dawgs responded, and to my mind never looked like they were in jeopardy of losing the game at all. Just the same, I think the Dawgs needed a adverse game like Saturday's to remind them to play every game like it's the Natty.

However, despite all the problems during the game, I'm still convinced the Dawgs can beat anyone this year and will definitely be a CFP contender. I also believe the Dawgs will run the board, win the SEC Championship and will win back-to-back National Championships. I'm betting Saturday's game will be exactly the medicine the Dawgs needed to light a fire under them. In fact, if I were the Misery kitties, I certainly wouldn't be looking forward to Dawgs neutering them, and then burying them in their own litter box.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes, it was a sloppy game, but this was the 1st time the D faced the spread and an uptempo offense. This actually was a good thing. They got a chance to play against it and learn what to do to stop it in future games (Tennessee especially). Kent St. is a good team., picked to win their conference. This is precisely what Kirby wants: a chance to show the team the importance of playing to the standard. Believe it or not, this game will really help them down the road.