Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

It wasn’t pretty, but Dawgs work through self-inflicted adversity

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageIt wasn’t pretty, but Dawgs work through self-inflicted adversity

There are two ways to view the Dawgs’ 39-22 home win over visitor Kent State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Munson's question applies to several other SEC teams probably including even Missouri.

There was a time in the game when I realized we were actually in danger of losing to Kent State. Fortunately our defense held + we benefitted from a Kent State penalty, so at least it looked like we hunkered down. Had they gotten a touchdown the score would have been 20-29, they would have had Big Mo on their side, and we might have been in big trouble.

I'll take the Uglÿ Adversity Game win.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

" Take away the 3 turnovers by the Dawgs, plus allowing a pass for a first down on a fake punt and the final score would’ve looked more like most people expected." That sums it up.

I think these last two cupcake game results have come from a "we have arrived attitude." Rat-Poison effect.

This is an overall young team, but they need to show more maturity and concentration. Hard to get better if you're not doing your best.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Guys, quit hyping up Kent State. They went 7-7 last year. They were hammered by Washington and Oklahoma 45-20 and 33-3. And Oklahoma just got beat 41-34 yesterday by Kansas State at home. They are favored to win the MAC ... yes but the MAC is worse than the AAC, C-USA and Mountain West. These days they are worse than the Sun Belt (who has victories over Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Nebraska, Notre Dame and nearly North Carolina this season) by a mile.

No, Kent State is not the best team UGA has played this season. That is #15 Oregon, who owns victories over #19 BYU and Washington State. (Also, as Arkansas and Oklahoma lost, expect Oregon to rise to #13.) The idea that Oregon would have done anything other than hammer Kent State by 3 TDs is ridiculous.

The Kent State outing was basically the result of UGA trying out some things that they are going to need against the stretch of better opposition that begins the last weekend of October. It didn't go as well as they hoped, but they have 3 more weeks then a bye to keep trying.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Not for a minute, at any point in this game, did I think Georgia was at risk of losing it. Was I disappointed and frustrated it wasn't a more dominating performance? Of course. I also think Georgia could've hung another 7 on the last drive if they wanted to (instead of running out the clock), making the spread a little more aligned with expectations. But the upshot is Georgia just needs wins to get to the big dance. If it stays focused, disciplined, and relatively injury free, that'll happen, another natty should be within grasp, and all will be right with the world. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

The teams in the upper half of the SEC would almost assuredly beat us with us making that many mistakes. But, a team like Mizzou, I don't think so. Let's not test that theory, though.