Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football maintains top spot in AP Poll Top 25 rankings for Week 5

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football maintains top spot in AP Poll Top 25 rankings for Week 5

Georgia football didn’t deliver its finest performance on Saturday, slogging its way to a 39-22 over Kent State on Saturday. It was the first time the Bulldogs were really pushed in a game all season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought maybe Bama would overtake the Dawgs in polling this time...guess not. Bama played nobody..so figure AP will give UGA another week. My sincere opinion is if the KS game had gone on longer, UGA would have started piling on the points. End of 4th quarter saw a Dawg resurgence.

Honestly, I do not believe Mizzou is as good as KS. They looked pathetic against Auburn.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I almost wish we had dropped behind Bama to underscore the lessons to be learned from Saturday. But I have confidence the coaches will get things right come practice.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And how long since we've been able to say this without one of the East teams being Florida? My guess is this is a first, when the Fla. aspect is factored in.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I LOVE Our Dawgs !! BUT the Kent St. should and certainly hope so, serve as a very powerful antidote to Rat Poison !!! Our Dawgs have Allot of work to do to continue their quest for another Natty !! So I hope they will let the sloppy play serve as a warning, Learn from it, put that game in the books, and Work, Work, Work !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So glad the dawgs retained the top spot in both the AP and Coaches Polls. Now, it's time to put the sloppy play behind them and get after the rest of the SEC. As Kirby said, this will serve as a GROWTH time for the dawgs as they work hard this week to correct some things holding them back. I am glad that Kirby said that he is proud of his players for pushing through the rough game yesterday - he was looking for adversity and the dawgs got all they wanted from Kent State in all three phases of the game - this will be a turning point for Georgia as they focus on the SEC games ahead of them and there will be a marked change in the way they get after their opponents from this time forward, I feel. I hate it for Missouri - a little. LOL. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 324 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great to see reality laced with positivity...but I was kind of hoping the Dawgs would drop a spot or two. Like most young men their age they can't handle too much back-slapping. And with social media the way it is, you might as well be trying to put out fire with gasoline. Anyway, at least the "wake-up" game wasn't by way of a loss. Hopefully EVERYBODY can refocus.