Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kenny McIntosh updates his status ahead of Missouri game: ‘Lot of ice baths ahead of me’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageKenny McIntosh updates his status ahead of Missouri game: ‘Lot of ice baths ahead of me’

ATHENS — Kenny McIntosh is going to be just fine for Georgia’s upcoming game against Missouri. If he weren’t, he would not have spoken to reporters on Monday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope he's healthy enough to play on Saturday night, as he and CKS have said (that doesn't always turn out to be the case). He is such a dynamic player ,and a real problem for the opposing defense. I'm looking forward to watching all of the UGA weapons get their opportunity to showcase their talents and playmaking ability while hanging 50+ on Missouri. I'm ready to see the OL play up to their potential and show the CFB world why they are a big reason for UGA being ranked #1. They are potentially the best in the country, and I think they are getting better by the week. Go Dawgs!

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

McIntosh isn't necessary to beat Missouri, who will later fight it out with Vanderbilt for the distinction of being the worst team in the SEC. By contrast if the offensive showing against Kent State was more "teams figuring out UGA's strange offense" and less "a bad game because of the 12:00 PM kickoff against a cupcake that UGA didn't gameplan for sandwiched between a pair of SEC teams" then UGA will need him for the Florida/Mississippi State/Tennessee/Kentucky stretch in a few weeks. So let him miss this week definitely and possibly the Auburn game also.

As far as the #1 ranking goes, I have no idea why anyone cares. So long as UGA runs the table and beats Alabama they will get the top seed in the playoff - and therefore an easy game against Clemson or USC instead of a tougher draw like Ohio State or an Alabama rematch in the first round -which is all that really matters.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whether or not McIntosh will play Saturday should be of no concern against Missouri. Personally, I have been very impressed with Edwards' running ability. He does not go down easily and usually breaks the first or 2nd tackle gaining additional yards. We'll need all the fresh legs we can get going into November but before that we should be fine no matter who might need to sit out a game or two.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Players play and we need everybody who can play, to play. Enough with the "we don't need so-and-so to beat so-and-so." Like the Tennessee quarterback said after their game against Florida when he was asked why he kept coming back after obviously being injured: "if you can go, you go. If you can't, you can't." I'm glad the UGA players and coaches aren't like many of the UGA fans with this mindset that you can relax against some teams and then flip a switch and be 100 percent with others. We play to win THIS WEEK, and let the other weeks, November, the playoffs, etc. take care of themselves when and if we get to that point. If we learned anything from last Saturday, it is that NO OPPONENT should be overlooked or taken for granted. Go Dawgs!

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you that he’s not necessary for a win on Saturday, you’re right about that. I think you would agree with me that when McIntosh takes the field, he takes the game-watching-enjoyment to another level. Whether he’s running for TD’s, catching it for TD’s, or even throwing it for a TD (I know you remember that one), it’s a better ball game when he’s out there. That’s true for a lot of the UGA players. Go Dawgs!

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Nothing was figured out. You could tell offensively we attempted to stretch the field more (which we do need a stronger vertical game) and timing was off. Even on shorter passes the recievers made some good catches on bad throws and a couple drops. OL wise there are more holes than most realize…Edwards trusts them and has good yards after contact. Milton only gets yards if it is a huge hole. He needs to develop not going down on the first small touch (he does block well though). I do agree we do not need him for Mizzou, but not concerned about figuring our offense out.

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s more about there is no need to push a valable player who probably would benefit from another game week of rest to insure we have them for those important games. Sat was never in question and had it been a FL/Tenn/UK I am sure you would have seen Carter in for more and McIntosh re-enter. We lack depth in some positions and to continue to play a hurt/injured player can side rail a whole season. Not to mention it is a valuable opportunity to create the depth for when that players # is called in a larger setting.