Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New Heisman contender has same odds as Stetson Bennett, looking back at historic Saturday action

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageNew Heisman contender has same odds as Stetson Bennett, looking back at historic Saturday action

ATHENS —Stetson Bennett took a place in SEC history on Saturday, but the national buzz centered on a different SEC East quarterback last weekend.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Bennett breaks Tebow's 250 passing and rush for a TD in consecutive games record.

That would - should receive some national attention. It would be great to see Bennett at least get to go to NY for the Heisman ceremony.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Smart, please don't rush those banged up kids back for Missou... not worth the risk. Let the less experienced pups develop more against an SEC opponent that is quite manageable. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

In what world do you think we care about Hendon Hooker and your Vols? And your swipe at Bennett, as long as Georgia keeps winning, he will stay in the race, implying that it is not Bennett, just UGA. Seriously?

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bowers moves to #2 behind Stroud and he still focuses on Bennett. The fellow is obsessed with wanting to be right about Bennett., he has made it personal and doesn't know how to stop.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oregon (who barely survived Washington State 44-41 last weekend), South Carolina, Samford and Kent State didn't exactly have future NFL secondaries either. More to the point, Hendon Hooker doesn't have the benefit of UGA's defense, RBs or OL. He didn't even have his best WR - Cedric Tillman - in that game.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

This is infuriating to me, too! I come to DawgNation for the comments...I don't even read the articles most of the time, but I guess the writers get the clicks. As National Champions, you would think that there wouldn't be a shortage of writers who are UGA fans too!

I get that Mike likes the Vols, and that's fine...when he's OFF THE CLOCK. But the bias against UGA comes out for sure on a fan site! You expect this at ESPN, etc. but NOT on a site meant for Dawg fans.

Am I a homer for UGA? Yep, and I can be objective too.

But if I want to read about another team that I can't stand and find out about their QB's Heisman hopes, I'll go somewhere else to find that info.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

It's personal because I believe he's a Vols fan, and he doesn't even wear a UGA hat or shirt in the videos that I've seen (again, DawgNation attire does NOT count).

What other team (National Champions yet!) has a fan site with headline articles about other teams like this??

To me, that's insulting. UGA has NEVER been a favorite with the media, and we have to suffer this on our own site.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Griffith….The Forever Vols Fan Boy……..

• Options

Big Vol fan base in Atlanta and surrounding areas. He’s double-dipping on the “Dawg Nation”…….should be a law against that - 😉

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey my feller Dawgs Fans, please take my comment as it’s intended. As I’m ALL Dawgs fanatic and have been since a small child. But as of This moment in time ( things could rapidly change) speaking only for Me. I see the Vols as our stiffest competitor. A very close second would be KY as we play them at their house. I think the Vols might be a ( at this point anyway) a slightly better team than KY. If I’m wrong, Hey it’s fine !! Who do Y’all see as our stiffest competitor on our regular schedule ?? Even though strange and sometimes very bad things happen in Jax, I left the Mud Lizards out as I just think they still have a ways to go. So what team on our regular schedule should we be most concerned about ?? Lol I know, I know the Kirby Smart mantra, the next team we play !! 😀 Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options

LOVE the Loyalty to our Dawgs from my fellow Dawgs fans here. Yeah I’m a homer, to the Bone !! Last I looked the web site is called Dawg Nation !! And to thadec The Troll . I see your doing your contrition routine as usual. Bash but camouflage it with a smidgen of half hearted compliments. So if your so big on the Vols QB, why don’t you do us all here a Big favor and go camp out on the Vols site ?? You can go there and share your vast knowledge of the game, critique everything, and put people that You view as inferior to you in knowledge in their place. You know, sort of like you do here. Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Mike,

I notice you didn’t mention your boy JT is tied for somewhere in the 40’s and Bennett has close to10 fold higher odds of winning the Heisman than your boy. I’m sure it was an oversight on your part. 😉. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@navydawg There are a lot of views on the Bulldogs, some only want to read the positive ones, some like reading about the other teams that will challenge Georgia for the East, some want to see more critical analysis .... we try to bring all sorts of different types of stories, keep up with the news and share honest-to-goodness opinions on football.

It's fun to hear back from everyone! Hope this football week has something for everybody, enjoy!

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know that is really what this site is intended for though. This is a site about Georgia. If fans want to learn/see about other teams, there are other sites designed specifically to provide that content. This is not one of those sites. This is not ESPN, or SDS, it is DAWGnation. Regardless of clicks (I clicked to see if it was an article about Bowers), you really should look more into what the readers are wanting, not just using vague headlines to generate clicks to make it seem this is content the site users want.

It's one thing when it's game week, or a mention of a game that impacts the Dawgs directly, such as mentions about Oregon's hopefully continued successes, or Tech firing their coach and having Dell McGee on their shortlist. It's entirely different to devote an entire article about a player who we could play in November. Nothing Hendon Hooker does, or how the media sees him in an individual award race, right now is of concern to Georgia fans.

• Options

Hey Mike, just so you know. My comments were not meant to be a personal attack on you. Not at all. I’m just very proud to be a Dawgs fanatic, proud of the whole Dawgs football program, proud of my fellow Dawgs fans, and feel honored and privileged to be among them. And Yes very proud of Stetson Bennett. I come from an even smaller town than him. His story IS indeed remarkable, and I’m proud of and for him. The Troll I spoke of was not You. But rather a guy that shows up quite a bit and is Overly Critical of All things Dawgs. As camo he’ll throw in a small smidgen of compliments from time to time to try to be deceptive and throw Real Dawgs fans off his trail. And he’s Not merely objective, I can handle some of that, No he bashes at every opportunity that he thinks no one will call him out on. Well I Call him out !! I’ve been to Rival boards & sites and with All that I’ve ever been to they will boot you in a heart beat for the Least Little criticism !! Bama & UF sites are some of the worse !! They will not tolerate even microscopic criticism coming from a Known Dawgs fan. I DO get what your saying though. This site would be very boring if there was Zero objectivity and/or zero Constructive Criticism about our beloved Dawgs. But when I see a Troll just whole sale Bashing on our Dawgs, Yep, I’m gonna call them out !! I Do appreciate You and All the DawgNation writers, reporters, staff. Go Dawgs !!