Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

All eyes for Georgia football will be on talented Missouri wide receiver Luther Burden

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageAll eyes for Georgia football will be on talented Missouri wide receiver Luther Burden

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I respect and understand why Burden would want to stay home and represent the home team, but after his recent social media scrub, I won't be surprised to see him in the portal at some point.

He's about to get a front row seat to see what his other choice could've looked like. I think he will be more impressed with Georgia's offense.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ah, the one that got away, the next George Pickens, the next next AJ Green…😢

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2022

You can’t respect someone then throw in a “but”, that is the ultimate disrespect…do better and keep you pettiness out of it

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My Dawg Ryan, your words are too strong for this subject matter. People are allow to have their opinions. Bring the temp down.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Too bad for Burden that the rest of the team is average at best..GoDAWGS!

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

What a wonderful lesson Mr. Burden is providing.....maturity is so much more important than stars in your football halo, or staying home despite the fact that the home team can't offer you much growth pass HS. Maturity is realizing your GOD given talent needs to be developed and practiced and practiced some more and sometimes realizing that there are those ahead of you that have EARNED the right to start ahead of you because they have done the work to become elite. Maturity means that you realize that it's your teammates that can and will teach you as much as your coaches. Maturity is the realization that you are only one contributor to the TEAM and to be a contributor, you must work to be the best before you see the field of play.

Mr. Burden, you've made your decision, now work to learn and improve your skills and then be a teacher/coach for the team you play for. I wish you the best, that you grow in the maturity needed to succeed!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

I agree! At the time he committed to Mizzou, I felt like he could be a difference maker / showboat for his home team.

Part of me feels that he's genuine in that ambition, but if he's looking out for his family's welfare, I still think he would have been better coming to UGA, getting developed, possibly winning a Natty on a BIG stage, and making big $$$ in the NFL.

Sometimes you have to leave home to expand your horizons in order to get the big payoff.

Before you think I sound too critical, I'm in my early 50s so I have the benefit of seeing my mistakes and all that I've hopefully learned from them.

Mr. Burden is still young and may not have the best advice, so I can't fault him for that. I was really excited to think that he could play for UGA before he committed to Mizzou, and hoped that we could flip him.

Maybe that's still possible if he sees how much fun UGA's receiver corps has! Plus, even though it's 3 states away, UGA is family!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with much that's been said to this point, but I don't think Luther Burden isn't playing for Mizzou because he hasn't earned playing time. I believe he's not playing (as much) because he's injured. This story even said that last week he was only supposed to fair catch punts. But they played him any way. He (like most receivers) probably felt like if he gets the ball more, they win that game. And perhaps that's true. I, too, believe he would have been better off coming to UGA. Sticking close to home in his case is bad because he's too close that E. St. Louis environment and it is NOT a good one. Seems to me (and from what I saw of him on TV) he's still carrying that "attitude" even now.

Do I expect him to transfer? Yes. Do I expect him to transfer to Georgia? No. With the exception of Demetris Robertson and, I guess technically, Stetson Bennett, I can't think of another player that Kirby initially recruited, who transferred back to UGA after leaving the original school they signed with. Kirby usually doesn't do the old "Return to Me" moments. Go Dawgs!