Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Banged-up Georgia a massive favorite over struggling Auburn; Alabama expected to roll over Texas A&M

2»

Comments

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You may want to go back and re-watch the game. 1st half we went away from our offense and tried to play a brand of ball the 2022 Dawgs are not offensively. 2nd half we come out play with the short swimg passes and Bennett’s efficiency and confidence went up. By making those passes it pulled the backers out wider and softened the middle for some good passes to the middle. You might know it is coming but if our TE’s and recievers keep blocking well it will get the yardage. Not the pretty deep balls (which I wish we could stretch the field, but can’t right now), but it is effective at making defenses cover the entire width of the field.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lotta ya’ll need to step away from the ledge.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Interestingly enough that was my knee jerk reaction, I told my wife “last years leaders woulda never allowed that pregame foolishness and things wouldn’t have been so nasty out there”.

I know Kirby is a fan of player led teams but if things don’t shape up the next week or two then he may need to step up and take the reigns.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

. the difference was back then Matt Stafford could make plays all over the field as a passer which forced defenses out of the box).

I certainly won't argue that Stafford doesn't have the most talented arm, but that's irrelevant. I seriously doubt Stafford would have been able to withstand such an onslaught that SB saw Saturday night without being sacked 5-6 times. WHen theres no time to look down field it doesn't matter if you pass geta there in 1.5 seconds or 2.0 seconds.

Even the announcers were saying that SB should just scrap the play-fake part because it was costing him another fraction of a second to throw it!