Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

With Jalen Carter injured, Georgia football is going to see what Bear Alexander has learned

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageWith Jalen Carter injured, Georgia football is going to see what Bear Alexander has learned

Georgia is going to be without its best defensive lineman in Jalen Carter for the time being. The talented defensive tackle was injured in Georgia’s 26-22 win over Missouri, exiting the game in the second quarter with an MCL injury.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m being lazy here by not looking it up, but how does Bear compare to Jalen purely from a size standpoint ?? If my very poor memory serves I’m thinking he’s somewhat bigger ?? Yes I know that size alone means very little compared to talent and experience, I’m just curious. I hope Big Bear has a Great showing for himself and for the team !! This is his golden opportunity to make an impact and solidify his status. He was highly recruited and has tons of potential. He will probably make some mistakes, we should all understand that Before the game. Mainly I just want to see great Effort with continuity. No taking a snap off ( Not saying any of our guys do). Want to see him play with fire in his belly, fearsome Intensity. Even though he’s the young guy that playing with Fierce Intensity can sometimes be infectious and spread across the whole defensive front, even maybe the whole Defense !! Really that’s what I want to see out of the entire Defense, guys flying to the ball. Coming on hard Every snap, like that first game vs. Oregon and then again vs SC. Of course I sure hope there is Far Better continuity from our O, as going 3 and out so much will quickly gas out Any Defense. I’m sure hoping for a very well executed game by our Dawgs in all aspects this Sat. Want to see them clicking along like a finely tuned high powered race engine !! And in my heart I Know they have the ability to do so. Now please my awesome Dawgs, go out and Do It !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

OK I don’t know how dated the info. is but Bear is listed as 6’3” 305 lbs. J. Carter is listed as 6’3” 300 lbs. So Bear being only 5 more pounds makes little to no difference from pure size standpoint. I was just curious.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

I've meant to go back and look, but someone on the forum during the game said that Bear was held all game long.

I saw some uncalled penalties against Mizzou myself.

Speaking of uncalled penalties, I've meant to go back and look at the uncalled PI play (blatant!) on the Kent State player guarding Bowers that would have extended our drive vs. kicking a FG.

I know there are always uncalled penalties, but it seems like UGA has more than its share that hurts and teams like Alabama have plays that aren't called in their favor.

People joke about it for a reason...

• Options
    edited October 2022

My point in bringing up that Bear was held by Mizzou in my earlier post is that he has got a LOT of potential, and I hope he seizes the opportunity! So much potential that the only way to make it even was to hold him.

Now, I think it was Jalen as a freshman that during practice was going against upperclassmen in drills. I think there was a DawgNation article about it and how impressive he was even then.

Remember that Jamaree is 6'-3" and he absolutely showed out last weekend for the Chargers.

I want to see these players develop so badly to show future recruits what UGA will do for them!

• Options

Wasn’t me that down voted you !! But I agree from all I’ve read about Big Bear he’s a Beast Bear !! I wouldn’t doubt that he was held and no call. After all the official said he was “comfortable” for Not calling the Chop block on Carter !! Now think if that had been Saban and one of his players !! He’d have went into outer space he’d have been so ballistic !! BUT I think in the end maybe Kirby did the right thing by not making a big issue of it as we will probably see that same officiating crew later on. Yeah their not Supposed to hold grudges but that doesn’t mean they Don’t from time to time. Go Dawgs !!