Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Even before Auburn ‘demolish’ comments, Kirby Smart stokes flames of Georgia football-Auburn rivalry

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageEven before Auburn ‘demolish’ comments, Kirby Smart stokes flames of Georgia football-Auburn rivalry

ATHENS — They say for it to be a rivalry, both sides have to win. It’s been a while since that has happened in the Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry, which renews on Saturday as the Bulldogs host the Auburn Tigers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After last week, I doubt Kirby is taking any chances.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect this will be a contest. No matter Auburn's losses and weaker team, they will hit the field like Missouri as this age-old rivalry unleashes the beast in teams. I do not see a 30-pt spread. I do see a Dawg fight.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Connor Riley: "The tenor of this rivalry has no doubt taken a turn since Smart took over as the program’s head coach. He’s 6-1 against the Tigers as Georgia’s head coach. Add in the new timing of the game and the rivalry isn’t quite as intense as it had been in the late stages of the Mark Richt era."

I had to read this a few times to understand exactly what was meant by this paragraph. After all, Coach Mark Richt was 10-5 against Auburn during his tenure as a UGA coach. Between him and Coach Kirby the script has been flipped as to the overall record versus Auburn......Since having an overall losing record to Auburn before Coach Richt started to having a current record of 61-56-8 in favor of UGA!

Coach Richt was 8-2 against Auburn in his last ten years with Georgia, if I'm not mistaken, so I guess what Connor Riley is referring to is "closer in score" games, making them "more intense" ..........(?) Anyway.......

Go Dawgs! Hate on Auburn!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Ole wore out record jockey here on my theme song for this week. All I want to see along with Poise and Focus is INTENSITY and CONTINUITY of the poise, focus, and intensity. In particular on the Offense. If the ball is over thrown and there’s any possibility of catching it I want to see All of our pass catchers be they RBs, WRs, or TEs lay out and give All effort Even though they know it’s gonna hurt when they hit the ground and Hang On to the ball all the way. If the ball is thrown a little to high but still catchable I want to see our pass catchers make the Extra Effort to leap up there and snag that thang Even if they Know the defender is gonna lay a big hit on their hip. I want to see our pass catchers get as much yardage After catching and securing the ball to, don’t run out of bounds unless it’s the clock expiring type thing. I want to see our O Line blow open some Big Holes for our RBs on a consistent basis. And I want to see our O Line give Stetson as much time as possible to plant his feet and make good accurate throws. IF the O Line does their job I want to see Stetson go through All of his check downs Before tucking the ball and running with it. Make Sure there’s not a guy wide open and ready Before he tucks and runs. If possible. I want to see our RBs fight for every yard they can get. I want to see our Defensive Front sack the Auburn QB multiple times, and Keep him off his rhythm causing him to hurry and make bad throws. I want to see our Defense totally stuff the Auburn RBs for a loss. And I want to see All these things done with Continuity. I want to see All of our Coaches fired up and Encouraging our players on Every play. I want our Dawgs fans crowd to be so loud it will register as an earth quake prior to every snap for Auburn !! Am I expecting way to much ?? Maybe. Maybe not. Kirby has stated many times he wants our Dawgs to play at an ELITE level. The players say they practice every week at an ELITE level. I Believe with All my heart they Can do it as was evidenced by the game vs Oregon and again vs SC. The big question For Me is not Can they do it but Will they do it ?? I Love this year’s Dawgs like I have All the Dawgs teams before them for most all my life. I Believe in them. But it’s Past Time to reignite those fires that helped them to have such Huge wins vs. Oregon and SC. I honestly don’t know What the fix is. But To Me it seems allot of the Passion we saw in those earlier games is missing of late. Auburn is NOT a cupcake !! They are drooling at the prospect of knocking our Dawgs off at home. Motivation for our Dawgs should not even vaguely be an issue. Now I respectfully and sincerely Request from our beloved Dawgs. Go out there stay focused, play with poise, but have some Hot Fire in your bellies to Prove the naysayers wrong !! Go out there and Stomp the Warped Eagles !! Show Em this is Your House !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Navydawg, That absolutely sums up my desires too.....succinctly said, Men, just go out and be the DGD's I know everyone of you are and we'll have no worries!