Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

‘Wild card’ Robby Ashford gives Auburn slim ray of hope against stacked Georgia defense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,519 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
image‘Wild card’ Robby Ashford gives Auburn slim ray of hope against stacked Georgia defense

AUBURN, Ala. —Auburn football enters to Sanford Stadium facing long odds, a 30-point underdog to the No. 2-ranked team in the nation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Get ready for a Dawg fight.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I Hope our Dawgs keep Ashford to being a Deuce and Ace him out of any chance of winning in front of a Full Dawg House !! If our Dawgs play Straight they should be able to score enough that Auburn won’t be able to Bridge the gap. I’m just hoping our Dawgs play with lots of Hearts and beat the Warped Eagles like they have Clubs. Show Auburn that the Dawgs are Kings. I guess you could say I don’t give Jack about the Warped Eagles !! Maybe the Dawgs will get a huge W and make it a Done Deal !! Go Dawgs !! Keep the sparkle for winning in your eyes like Diamonds !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Depends on turnovers....Bennett accuracy on long bombs...and the OL fending off the supposedly terrible Auburn defense. And, hopefully, the RBs rip into their defense. Defense needs to contain Robby Ashford and game over. LSU did.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs will beat the Tiger Crap out of them!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith I wish I was as confident as you about our secondary not breaking down. I'm still not extremely confident about Lassiter and Ringo, though he hits people hard, hasn't shown to be all that aggressive in actual pass coverage. Label me concerned. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ball security is the key to maintaining momentum for the offense. Turnovers have been a momentum killer for the Dawgs offense in the past two games. The longer AU’s defense stays on the field, the more they get exploited by Bennett and company (who I hope are hungry to show that they are still the same elite unit that we saw in the Oregon game).

The Dawgs defense has to control the line of scrimmage and shut down Bigsby and Hunter. Make their offense one dimensional and force the young and inexperienced quarterback into desperate situations, and it could make for a busy day for the AU punter (unless he just throws a pick).

Go Dawgs!