Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs are 24-1 over their last 25 games. 2021 National Champions. 6-0 - 3-0 in 2022. With a chance to accomplish even more this season. That's about as good as it gets!

They just need Ole Lady-Luck to give them a couple of breaks with a few injured players, and then the sky can be the limit.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My kind of rivalry, too, Bill.

I'm not so sure our team got its moxie back though. In a way, I don't care about that moxie metric as long as we're finding a way to win.

Fortunately we have a nice chunk of time during which we can improve and heal. Perhaps our need for healing is getting in the way of our need to improve?

Which winning team has been thoroughly tested and shown both true grit and true moxie? I can't answer that question but I'll mention that we've found an ability to not just take what the defense gives us, but also to use what we have to use when the other tools aren't working. Case in point is the sudden emergence of our running game when we really needed it.

Did our offensive line gel? Maybe they did. Hopefully they did.

We need Stetson's shoulder healthy, and we need the return of our formerly dominant passing game, but, in a pinch, it's great to have Stetson's legs.

The flashes of moxie tell me there's more to come, but only through very hard work and amazing pure effort.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let’s also not lose sight of this: Our Dawgs were playing against a team led by their third string QB who never started an SEC game on the road as well as a coach who was unofficially fired weeks ago.

Those 30 yard net gains through the air during an entire half of football is not going to get it done against 2 of the top offenses in not only the SEC but also the entire nation(one of which will be on the road in cowbell h3ll). They will be putting up points and resting their defense as well as that will put a QB who hasn’t thrown a TD pass in 13 quarters in a row in a spot where he will HAVE to throw TD’s or the team will lose.

And for the record, pointing that out isn’t poopooing the win against Auburn or “being miserable”; it is being a realist and not living in the past of our Dawgs winning a Natty almost a year ago with a championship defense the likes of which I have never seen before.

We are at the halfway point in the season and these are not the type of problems most would expect a 6th year starter at the most important position on the football field to be experiencing. Turning the ball over, missing high or behind receivers on 4 to 6 throws per game or more, not getting lined up properly in goal to go situations with the play clock ticking down and having to call a timeout.

I was impressed with the play of our Dawgs Defensive line against what I consider to be one of the best RB’s in the SEC (who KS recruited HARD). Injuries or not, they played a great game. Must clean up those missed tackles though! That’s 3 games in a row that same player has been involved with that and it resulted in a huge gain(number 23 Smith).

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

The fact is that Steddy IS THE OLDEST QB in college football demonstrated it again this weekend in the passing game. He is off for some reason and it is not that he is the oldest! We must get better to beat FLA and TENN!

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

We will undoubtedly need the passing game to be clicking when we face the Volunteers and those other Bulldogs later in the season. Stetson just needs to improve his passing trajectory just a bit for that to happen. Branson Robinson and Edwards both looked great, and Robinson is going to be something special.