Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Separation Saturday in SEC: Alabama-Tennessee winner will challenge Georgia for league supremacy

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageSeparation Saturday in SEC: Alabama-Tennessee winner will challenge Georgia for league supremacy

Will Anderson is the heart and soul of Alabama football, and he made a statement this week that resonated across the league.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

The Gators snapped a six-game losing streak last Saturday by beating Missouri, and that qualifies as momentum.

@MikeGriffith

Huh? The Gators are 4-2 this season. Perhaps you meant a 6 game CONFERENCE losing streak? In any event, their winning their last 2 games in a row is what qualifies as momentum. Still thinks that LSU beats them in the Swamp though. LSU has better players at pretty much every position except QB and maybe LB as well as a much more experienced head coach.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand this Saturday is a big game, but Alabama is the defending conference champ. I hate even typing that statement but it’s true. I have believed for quite sometime that should be bulletin board material in the locker room.

I feel like last weekend was a coming out party for the running game and that is what makes us dangerous on offense. Excited to see us match up against these next 4 games. That will be the true litmus test as who reigns supreme in the sec.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Bama/Vol game reminds me of the Bama/Ole Miss game last year. It’s the type where you think it will be close, only to see Saban’s team win by 30. I don’t see it as a one score Bama win. Either Tennessee wins in a squeaker or Bama dominates by 3 scores.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thadec SEC games -- thanks for the catch, I added that missing word in there!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In regards to sustained dominance, Bama is still the standard BUT in 2022 we are the standard until some team takes it away from us. With that said, the real question is are the remaining teams on our schedule ready for us?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"the real question is are the remaining teams on our schedule ready for us?"

I like how you think!!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Vandy for 2020!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

I agree with Anderson, 'Bama is still the Standard in the SEC. We're getting there, but it's going to take more than one Natty. And I think the BYU-Notre Dame game was actually played in Las Vegas -- a neutral site -- though it may have technically been a BYU "home game." As for Arkansas, it seems like only yesterday that they and Sam Pittman were the darlings of the SEC. Now it seems that title has shifted to Tennessee and Josh Huepel. And Ole Miss and Mississippi State don't seem far behind. It doesn't take long for fortunes to change. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate