Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers after obliterating Vanderbilt

SystemSystem Posts: 10,523 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers after obliterating Vanderbilt

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Biggest thing to the UT game, we'll be home. So that should eliminate 75% of penalties for us. If we're in the 3:30 time slot, so be it. That stadium will be rocking come kickoff and hopefully the fan base keeps it that way for the entire game, like we know we can. Alabama's biggest problem was that they never took the crowd out of the game, (and never guarded Hyatt apparently, lol). But I'm hoping we come in prepared and ready. But like kirby has said, we need to get healthy and not look past Florida in 2 weeks.

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

So when do the Volunteers go on probation for their widescale recruiting violations during the Pruitt era?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TN has now beaten Florida, Bama. and LSU. Their resume towers over ours. KY has a bye this weekend before they play the Vols the 28th. I'm hoping they find some magic in their playbook to slay the Vols.

I'm still not sure what to make of these Dawgs. Great to see new players stepping up and older ones like Gilbert re-appearing against Vandy. You know Kirby will have the team preparing for Hooker as well as Florida this week.

• Options

I wouldn't say towers. They could've easily lost the Florida and Bama game. Both were 1 possession games. LSU is just a mess this year so far, so can't really use them as a comparison.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

FOCUS,FOCUS,FOCUS, on getting healthy and beating the Gators....as Elvis would say, TCB.....then put the finishing touches on the Tennessee game plan......  "We may not see him again until the Georgia Tech game given Georgia’s next four games but file away that performance for another day." I'm thinking Beck will be an integral part of the plan to beat the Vol's. If our Defense fails to stop/severely slow down the Hooker/Hyatt TD Train, I have faith Carson Beck would win in a shootout, SBIV, not as much. Either QB can handle the run game, which will be paramount in taking pressure off our receivers. Last week proved that Beck can scramble as well. I'm thinking that his accuracy and his long ball can and will win the day but we need both to force the Vol's to play against both, as they will only plan for SBIV. Their D plan will be the same as against Bama.....pressure the QB. Our O-Line is potentially better than Bama's and they had better bring their A-game to give either QB time the check down and open holes that my granny could hit with her electric wheelchair!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is delusional. Oregon is the only team that UGA has beaten this year that is going to have a winning record and they could do as poorly as 8-4. Meanwhile Alabama is a top 5 team. LSU and Florida will win 8-9 games. LSU is a mess? Hilarious. Missouri is a mess. Auburn is a mess. South Carolina is a mess. Vanderbilt is a mess.

Saying that Georgia is still a better team is legitimate, though that is primarily based on comparing UGA last year - and really the past 15 years - to Tennessee this century. But you cannot claim that UGA has had a tough schedule. You can't even claim that UGA has beaten a top team that is likely to play in a big time bowl game.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m actually hoping UT is undefeated going into our game. We likely have to beat UT to win the East even if they lose to Kentucky because of the “head to head” rule to break ties. I’d rather face a UT team that is ranked in the “top 3” vs a team ranked 10-12. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options

Just stating facts. LSU, just because they marched up and down the field on Florida, doesn't mean they're not a mess. They lost to a 3-3 FSU, almost lost to the "mess at auburn", so saying they're not a mess is being oblivious to the rest of their season. If you want to be factual, UGA is a mess. We can't figure out what offense is gonna show up each week. Defense is coming into their own though. And Oregon, they may end up 8-4, but that doesn't mean they're not a good team. And looking at the schedule for both teams, Florida and LSU could very well end up with 5 losses. So there's no real comparison there either.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

I read something the other day about a new conference championship rule in 2022. Instead of division against division matches, conferences can pick the two best teams, even if they are in the same division. Can anyone confirm this?

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you may be thinking about ideas that are being floated out there for how it will work when Oklahoma and Texas join the conference. The best I can tell the “head-to-head” tie breaker is still in place. That means that if UGA defeats UT then the Dawgs would have to lose 2 SEC games to lose the East championship to Tennessee (assuming UT has no additional losses). Let’s just win out and not worry about tiebreakers. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Delusional" is a pretty strong word, doncha think? Especially, when you're not even looking up any facts yourself.

Oregon is ranked 10th. Claiming they "could" end up 8-4 makes only a little more sense than claiming Alabama might go 8-4. Speaking of which: No, Alabama is NOT a top 5 team (for the time being); they're ranked sixth.

Claiming that South Carolina is a "mess" a week after they beat UK in Lexington is weird. Predicting they won't have a winning record is also going out on a limb. They're 4-2 -- a better record than Florida and so far a comparable season.

And -- LOL -- Florida would have to beat Georgia AND win at TA&M and FSU to get to the nine wins you predict for them. Meanwhile, LSU three out of four against Bama, Ol' Miss, Arkansas and A&M to get the nine wins you predict for them.

Talk about delusional ...

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree wholeheartedly we need to win out and take care of business, but if we do and based on that article, it would seem possible that we could see TN again in an SEC Championship game.