Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia stock report: Bulldogs ring the bell 55 times, skill players on upswing

SystemSystem Posts: 10,514 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Bulldogs ring the bell 55 times, skill players on upswing

ATHENS — Georgia football rang the bell 55 times on Saturday, doing what the No. 1 team in the nation should do against the worst defense in the Power 5 ranks.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 373 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I gotta be honest, the Stock Even on Ringo is a bit "enthusiastic". He DID drop an easy interception as well as another that was intercept-able. He also got burned on a long, perfectly thrown pass that the receiver dropped. This has been a theme for Ringo this year. To be honest, I was surprised when he was deemed a "star" last year when I just didn't see it. Good? sure. Star? Not quite so sure.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ringo looks beatable every time theres a deep ball, thrown his direction.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The "stock" report failed to mention a very important "Ace in the hole" the Dawgs process.....our QB room....I defy anyone to name another division one team with a better #2,3 & 4 QB. I'd just like to shout out a big THANK YOU to Beck, Vandagriff and Stockton.....all DGD's and starters on any other team.

• Options

SB played well most of the game but we certainly got bogged down in the 3rd quarter with 2 promising drives totaling 24 plays but only producing 6 points(2 FG's) certainly acceptable against good competition, but not Vandy. Inexplicably SB throws an incompletion or 2, the run game on 1st down gets nothing, SB gets sacked twice(by Vandy?) or we call for a run on 3rd and 5 which gets stuffed at the line of scrimmage! Sort of bizzare lack of imaginative play calling, or lack of execution, no offensive line push or pass protection breaks down. I guess we could just hand it to Vandy for deciding to "play well" all of a sudden, but then........

Carson Beck comes in and goes 8-8 before his 1st incompletion and leads the team to 2 TD's in just 14 plays. Huh?

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe that the limited production from Bowers is exactly what we can expect to see from time to time as opposing defenses dedicate their most valuable resources to stopping him. This just frees up more of the offensive weapons in the Dawgs arsenal. We saw it happen on Saturday against the Commodores as Darnell Washington pulled down some impressive catches, we got a glimpse of Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint in action as he made a couple of catches, and Dom Blalock finding the end zone, who we know can cause problems for any defense as he continues his come-back. Let them key in on Bowers all they want, he will gladly move these defenders out of the way as he is one of the best blockers in the SEC. The Dawgs offense will move the ball down the field with impressive efficiency using guys they didn't even consider a threat as they focus on Bowers. With everyone playing to the UGA standard, there's just to many weapons to account for. GO Dawgs!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby Smart: It’s surprising Smart isn’t being celebrated more by analysts after leading Georgia to the No. 1 ranking this season after losing 15 players to the NFL draft and 13 in the portal.

Smart isn't being celebrated more by analysts because UGA hasn't played anybody good yet.

Beating Oregon in Atlanta with a new coaching staff and first year QB? Supposed to happen. When was the last time a Pac-12 team beat a good SEC team? A Pac-12 team other than USC?

Everyone else - Samford, Kent State, South Carolina, Missouri, Auburn, Vanderbilt - will struggle to be bowl eligible. There are a lot of teams that would be 6-0 against Georgia's schedule, including teams that have lost a game or two. Wait until Georgia goes at least 3-1 against Florida, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Kentucky, OK? Otherwise UGA is still just beating up on a bunch of lesser talented teams that they are still supposed to beat. Yes, UGA lost 15 picks in the last draft. How many picks have the 6 combined teams that Georgia has beaten this year lost in the last 3-5?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes Ringo is not that fast. I noticed he has been beaten other times in other games this season. He also gets juked by receivers. This must be a problem as many now are seeing it. Does not Kirby see it? The DCs?

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You defy me to name a team with a better #2, #3 and #4 than UGA's collection of guys that have 33 completions for 450 yards and 6 TDs between them? That is an easier accomplishment than you think. The reason: Beck has hardly played. Vandagriff and Stockton haven't played at all. You are going primarily on their recruiting rankings. And yes, there are tons of programs with multiple untested 4 star and 5 star QBs on the bench. And some of those schools - unlike UGA - actually have the tradition or track record of recruiting big time QBs that win awards or get drafted high in the NFL that UGA lacks. Those schools recruit top QB prospects from all over the country where UGA's entire QB depth chart originated within 5 hours of UGA's campus (3 Georgia kids plus another from Jacksonville).

UGA's "#2, #3 and #4 QB" situation was better last year when it was JT Daniels plus this same Beck and Vandagriff. That is just how far off this comment is. I get the excitement over UGA actually having 4 scholarship QBs as they didn't for most of Smart's tenure. But the only reason why they have this abundance of riches now is because of the combination of A. the pandemic year and B. Bennett not having the arm strength to be an NFL prospect. As I have mentioned several times, next season - due to Bennett's eligibility being exhausted, Vandagriff transferring for playing time and Smart not having a backup plan for Arch Manning - UGA will be back down to 2 guys.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

Agree 100% with GoodOlDawg. The goal each week is to take what the D gives you. Not force it to Brock (run or throw).

Also, great to see Beck spread the ball around to so many targets. Cash made up for the drop with a nice TD run, too.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA66 I'm sure Kirby and the other coaches DO see Ringo's limitations because they see EVERYTHING, whether they let us fans know it or not. But in all honesty, what can they do about it? If anyone else was truly better, they would at least play more, if not take his position altogether. That's why I keep asking about Nyland Green, who has gone from challenging for a starting job to getting injured to now not even being listed on the injury report or even mentioned. The effects of the transfer of Jalen Kimber and the last-minute recruiting loss of Kamari Wilson -- both to the hated Gators -- are beginning to show. Like all Dawg fans, I love what Ringo did in the NCG. But, as Kirby has been quick to remind everyone, that was LAST YEAR's team and Nobody Cares. I'm scared to death that Tennessee is going to eat Ringo and Lassiter alive on Nov. 5.

• Options

It was just 31-0 with under 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, not really indicative of the final score. We scored 3 TD's with the B team in the 4th that blew it up. The A team was flustered by Vandy's defense in the 3rd. THe A team got 6 in the 3rd! A little hard on the guys I realize but I garauntee you CKS is pointing out the failures in the 3rd.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was a near perfect game, but it seemed like the OLine broke down a couple of times pretty badly. Not sure what was up with that, but was a bit concerning.

In terms of QBs, Beck looked awesome and ready to be the starter next year. Still wish he'd get more playing time. I'm unsure about Vandagriff and my gut says Stockton will be a better fit. For those talking about Manning, LOL... I'll believe his hype when he plays actual football and actually shows improvement. Average stats and I suspect he won't live up anywhere close to the hype.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nyland Green saw some playing time in the second half. I hope that’s an indicator that he’s 100% and ready to go when needs. The Dawgs need all hands on deck for the remainder of the season. Go Dawgs!

• Options

Beck looked good in the Spring Game, way more so than Brock, as I noted on here. He has looked awesome in getting some mop up/add to time in real games. It's when you're under the gun that you find out about a guy's heart as we did in the NC game with SB. Hopefully that time is still a ways off for Beck. But it is coming, and I for one am feeling a lot better about what happens when SB is done at UGA.

• Options

It was a frustrating 3rd quarter against Vandy. I don't see why admitting that is such a deal to some. THe other quarters covered it up and of course the final score was a trounce, but that 3rd quarter was not well executed. Go back and watch it again on TV like I did. KIrby was cussing like a sailor.