Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The big number that explains Georgia football pass rush problems: ‘It needs to get better’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageThe big number that explains Georgia football pass rush problems: ‘It needs to get better’

Kirby Smart knows Georgia’s pass rush hasn’t been as ferocious as it was a season ago. He acknowledges it has to get better as the Bulldogs navigate the trickiest part of their schedule.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article about a very important subject.

By all measures our defense is terrific, but it needs to improve.

Exactly how this is supposed to come about is beyond my understanding. Some improvements simply take time to occur. We are a very young team.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to make the best QB's throw it when they don't want to meaning with pressure on them whether we get to them or not. If any of the next QB's we play get comfy in the pocket, it will be a long day. Richardson is going to take off and run at first pressure so you do have to spy him with someone faster than he is but big enough to tackle him also..

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Disruptive pass rush BUT still containing a mobile QB is just as important as a sack. Hooker and Richardson must be contained or they will run all over the field. Need a spy to keep an eye on both of them - Hooker especially. Not sure if a lot of heavy blitzing packages will work for us this year with our inexperience in the secondary.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure Hope Carter can be back 100% as soon as possible. Don’t know if it would be a good idea or not but if he’s only say 90% when we play the mud lizards rest him for TN ?? We Should be able to get the W on them even without Carter. NO it wouldn’t be easy without him but I think very doable . Same for Mondon he’s been dealing with injury to. We will need ALL hands on deck for the Vols. No I’m not discounting the mud lizards in Jax as strange things happen there. But I just have Faith that our Dawgs can when the dust settles chalk a W even with a few key players out. Hope I’m right !! But the Vols are gonna be a heaping handful, and my confidence level would be much higher with both Carter and Mondon back and as close to 100% as possible. Our Offense MUST pace the rest of these teams by scoring More than they do. Can’t kick FGs in exchange for the rival’s TDs either !! Lastly we need our Defense to create as many turn overs as possible, and our O sure better convert those to points !! Go Dawgs !!