Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers coming out of off week

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers coming out of off week

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban "Look, I don’t know how many of you have been in a situation like that."

As if not being in that exact situation before is a non-qualifier. If you haven't been there, just sit down, and shut up.

I'm glad Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Holly Rowe called Saban out.

In a world where if anyone who's reading this article did the same at their job, they would get fired, Saban lets his player strike a female in the face, with no punishment. No wonder Alabama is so undisciplined on the field.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Hmmmm …….Jermaine Burton is in counseling and not anger management 🤔

Maybe he’s depressed over leaving God’s Country for Tuscaloosa where he discovered there isn’t a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is a new indicator almost every week that Kirby is the new sheriff in town. From a sheer talent perspective, based on composite rankings, Bama should be clearly the most talented team in the country…but they’re not! Not even top three.

All those stars coming out of high school for Bama are not being developed into the same level of college player. If Kirby was at Bama, the Tide would not be having the same issues, be it discipline on and off the field, to lack of game day preparedness, to not maximizing the potential of his players. Saban may be the greatest of all time, but Kirby is the greatest of this very moment!

Hand raised to the heavens, thank the Lord Kirby is a Dawg!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations, Conner, that's something to be very proud of!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Saban pooped the bed on this one. It will linger. He's wrong and the situation is ****. The SEC needs to step in for once and do their job. I heard reports that Herbstreit made excuses. If true, he needs discipline. It's not OK for football players to hit girls. Football is too much of a God for some people.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 403 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loved the article and the half marathon, but why the shot at Ladd?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats on completing the Ath Half! Now you need to upgrade and challenge yourself even more with some Spartan races.

I used to run 5k and 10k races almost every weekend in Atlanta - a good jumping point to pretty easily training for a half. My first and only half marathon was over 20 years ago (the Atlanta half on Turkey Day). That was enough for me.

Hoping the Ducks continue their success. Saban still got work to do, and Jimbo is a lost cause...I'm not sure if we'll see him coaching the Aggies next year if this trend continues. What a waste of some top recruiting classes.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Saban sez Burton was scared of a girl. OK. How many times in the history of college football have fans stormed the field? How many times has a player been hurt? No. Really. I don't know. How many?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wouldn't Burton and his teammates have run or jogged off of the field, if they were "SCARED?" Burton was strolling along when he decided to hit the girl.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeh, it's scary when a female oppsoing fan gets in your face talking smack!. He may need counseling for that, if truly the case! LOL! Lamest excuse I ever heard.

My dad used to tell me that Bobby Bowden (more than a few times) would have to go down to the Tallahassee jail and get guys out so they could start.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Burton didn't look "scared" as he slowly strolled off the field. He was not even wearing his helmet to protect his scared head. It almost looked as if he was waiting for and inviting an incident. But touching/hitting a woman is never okay. Very bad look for Burton, Alabama and Saban.

Now waiting for the almost inevitable, " predicated by a racist comment" attempt to justify the incident, save face and repair the image. Saban appears to be desperate to win. Appearing to do anything and everything to get a championship.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With AD injured just think of alll the targets Burton could of gotten.