Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ranking the games remaining on Georgia football schedule, from Tennessee to Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageRanking the games remaining on Georgia football schedule, from Tennessee to Florida

ATHENS — Kirby Smart makes it a point to be deliberate in his efforts and single-minded in his focus.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe only thing FLa truly lacks is a QB that can zing it around with accuaracy. Richardson is a superior athlete who happens to be playing QB. Stop the run and stop him from extending plays and we win.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Tennessee is allowing only 90 yards rushing per game, tied for 8th in the nation."

I'm a little surprised by this stat because they've given up a total of 73 points in there last two home games. The Vol defense won't have the crowd noise on their side when Nov. 5 rolls around, that advantage will be strictly for the Dawgs. If we continue to see the steady improvement on the OL that we saw in the last two games, Monken and Company can move the ball down field in the air or on the ground and keep Hendon Hooker and that Tennessee offense watching from the sideline.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Florida lacks A LOT more than a QB. Otherwise, Mullen would never have been fired for terrible recruiting. Rule of thumb: if the QB is the only player on the team that you can name then he isn't the problem with the team.

Good grief people.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Here’s a question for the Dawg Nation. Do you want Kentucky to beat UT this weekend? My vote is “no” because we still need to beat the Vols or we will likely lose the East on the head-to-head “tie breaker” rule. Also, I’d rather face a “top 3” opponent than a 10-12 ranked team. BUT here’s the caveat: If we lose to UT and they lose to Bama in the SEC CG then both teams would likely make the final 4 with 12-1 records. If we lose to UT and they lose to Bama, and lost to KY then they would be 12-2 and our Dawgs would likely be in with an 11-1 record like Bama pulled off several year ago. My advice is to win the remaining games and make it a moot point. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate the question, @BubbaBill . I like the idea of winning the remaining games, as I'm sure all of Dawg Nation does as well. I think the only realistic chance for an 11-1 UGA to get into the playoff would be if it was a very close game in the loss to Tennessee, and Tennessee ran the table with an SECCG win to go 13-0. So much depends on how these other teams in other conferences finish (Clemson, TCU, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.) This is just my 2cents worth, and it may not be worth that! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking forward to the remaining games and the dawgs showing that they belong in the #1 spot. Hopefully TN will beat Kentucky and we will be able to pad the resume when the Vols comes to Athens. The dawgs are about to resume the HUNT with these remaining teams left on the schedule. The dawgs will be agressive on both sides of the ball and the elite talent the dawgs have will pound the competition into submission. GO DAWGS!

• Options

Richardson has a 56.5 % completion rate to SB's 70.4. Richardson has a QB rate of 127.4 to SB's -153.9 this season which is down from last season. THe games Fla lost this year, they more than likely win with a better QB. Someone who can do better than a little better than 50/50.

• Options

ANd I forgot to mention Richardson's 7 interceptions.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@reddawg1 if Anthony Richardson had Georgia's talent around him UGA would be undefeated. If Stetson Bennett was the Florida QB they would be winless against FBS competition. For starters, UGA has the #4 defense. Florida has the #108. That is why Richardson had to put up 31 and 29 points to beat South Florida and Utah. It why Richardson put up 33 against Tennessee and 35 against LSU and still lost. Let us know the next time Bennett has to do the same.

And it isn't as if Florida is loaded on offense either. Where UGA has a Joe Moore-winning OL, Richardson is usually running for his life. Florida's #1 TE would be 4th on the depth chart at UGA. UGA's RBs were more highly recruited also. The only place where the Florida and UGA comparisons is basically a wash is WR, and that is far from the strength of UGA's team.

And despite that huge talent advantage - probably the most talented team in the country and definitely in the top 3 - SB IV has 7 touchdown passes on the season. 5 of them against the likes of Vandy, South Carolina and Samford. So yeah, please tell me exactly how Bennett would have led Mullen talent to victories over Tennessee and LSU.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe the 8th ranked rushing D for them is inflated because the teams they have played have had to throw the ball instead of running the ball. I’d like to know how many carriers per game goes along with that ranking. Go Dawgs!!

• Options

@theadec

ah yes, always the smartest guy in the room, or at least you think so.

Guess you've never viewed tweets from Fla fans about Richardson like several that questioned: " if Richardson had ever played football before?" or read any newspaper articles out of Fla like a recent Tampa newspaper article.https://www.tampabay.com/sports/gators/2022/10/08/florida-gators-mizzou-football-billy-napier-anthony-richardson-uf/ or tell me exactly how UGA got back into the game against Fla late in the 1st half last year? Wasn't it a fumble by Richardson and then 2 immediate interceptions thrown? Oh how we forget. I'm glad they didn't have Trask last year.

I didn't even mention a few of his fumbles and how costly they were this year. He's a great athlete and he can hurt you running the ball as I have stated at the bottom of this page. And yeh if you leave a receiver wide open he can hit them(see the Tenn game), as any 2nd string college QB could.

But he's not a guy to be feared passing the ball like say a Bryce Young. He has 30% of his team's rushing output this year. That's what he brings to the table.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm asking this question legitimately, so don't read anything into it, but isn't that generally how the stats for Rushing D work? That is, if the defense is stout enough against the run, then of course the other team has to throw it more. Stopping the run makes them one-dimensional and easy to predict, and a good rushing D gets that done. Or did you mean that the other teams didn't really have a run game anyway, so were already in a position where they were going to need to throw more?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TN has one of the worst pass defenses in the nation....Stet better light 'em up on November 5th!!