Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Florida live updates, injury news, practice notes for Week 9 game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Florida live updates, injury news, practice notes for Week 9 game

No. 1 ranked Georgia football takes on the Florida Gators in a week 9 college football game. Below you can find live updates, the latest injury news as well as practice notes for the rivalry game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think about the fact that for years, Florida always seemed to be in the driver's seat as we led up to this matchup. For so long, it just seemed like a mountain that Georgia could not climb. Lately, it has been ALL Georgia. Hearing what Smart said to his team last year about beating Florida, leads me to believe it is going to be a VERY long time before the Gators win another game in this series, and that is a VERY nice feeling! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

High ankle sprains are nasty. They linger and take a while to really heal. My guess is we won't see Carter or Mitchell back in the lineup until at least Tennessee if not later than that. The Vol's #1 WR, Cedric Tilman, got a high ankle sprain back in mid-September. He had surgery immediately to help aid the healing process and might be back this weekend against KY. If our secondary has to defend against Tillman and their other stud WR that has stepped up recently, Jalin Hyatt, then we could be in for a long afternoon in Athens.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BEAT FLORIDA!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely @jdatl3 , a win against UGA would be a signature win for anyone on the schedule. I think that’s what we saw against Missouri, a team playing above their head (especially on defense) because of how bad they wanted to play the role of spoiler against the reigning National Champs. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

To All our beloved and injured Dawgs. Get well soon, we are pulling for you, you are loved and missed and your team Needs you !! Now I hope and Believe that they will, that our Dawgs crush the hated Mud Lizards !! Play hard, stay focused on This game, keep your self discipline, execute, get the W, celebrate briefly, THEN think about the Vols. Go Dawgs !! GATA !! Stomp the chomp !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On a medical note about our injured Dawgs. You know UGA is so blessed to have Ron Courson !! As I understand it from people in and close to the program Ron has actually Wrote the medical protocol manuals that many schools in and out of the SEC follow in the treatment of injured players !! So what better human hands ( outside of God, as He is the Master Physician) could you hope to be in concerning sports medicine or medical practice ?? A salute and a sincere Thank You to Ron Courson for all he’s done for not only UGA players but the SEC and CFB at large !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

This ain't football boys...it's chess! When it comes to the injury report, KS is a grand master. Of course the "out" category is out, but the "questionable" and the "probable", all of which are less than 100% are used as the need presents itself. We have been very fortunate to date in that the need really has not been such that we needed to press into service those less than 100%. The schedule starting this week presents a heightened focus. The Gators have talent and very good coaching. They have the desire to beat us.....that would make their thus far disappointing season great and provide a tremendous building block for recruiting and next years expectations. So, I'm convinced that we will see the "probable" players, if only sparingly. We'll see the questionable players next week if and only if the need presents itself. The Grandmaster's ability to use this strategy is only bested by his acumen at recruiting only the players that best fit the standards befitting DGD status.