Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football defense ready to play its best against Florida: ‘We haven’t really been tested’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,564 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football defense ready to play its best against Florida: ‘We haven’t really been tested’

ATHENS – Statistically, Georgia’s defense is doing more than fine. It ranks second in scoring defense. The Bulldogs come in at No. 8 in yards per play allowed. It has given up the second-fewest amount of plays of 20-yards or more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope UGA starts working Lassiter at S. He is a physical player and a good tackler. Green and Everette can also play CB at close to the Lassiter level.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 228 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know, not only did Missouri give the Georgia D a run for it's money, but Kent State scored more than they should have as well. I like the D's confidence, but I want to see them get alot of 3rd and outs with Florida.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like you put 8 in the box and make Richardson beat you with his arm. Hoq many teams have used that strategy on uga?

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t know about stacking the box, but you definitely have to have a spy on Richardson the ENTIRE game.

He is a terrible passer, but he can beat you in a 60 minute game if you let him out of that pocket. Dude’s legs are lethal.

I just hope our offense is clicking and pushing the ball down the field with explosive plays and not a ton of gimmicky passes 3 yards behind the LOS. Dawgs need to put TD’s on the board in the first half and put the pressure on the lizards to try and keep up. That will make Richardson throw and make more mistakes that the Dawgs can capitalize on.