Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: Florida star Brenton Cox Jr. primed for Georgia: ‘It’s going to be real’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Florida star Brenton Cox Jr. primed for Georgia: ‘It’s going to be real’

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Brenton Cox plans to play the game of his life on Saturday when Florida battles Georgia in Jacksonville.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brenton "Motor Mouth" Cox needs to remember..."Everybody has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth."

I'm looking forward to more plays of him unsuccessfully chasing after Stet the Jet.

I wish no physical harm on him, but he has been running his mouth since the summertime about what he's going to do when he plays UGA. I'm all about being confident, but can't stand talk from someone who has never backed it up with action.

I think most of his attitude is just sour grapes that he couldn't cut it at UGA.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

17 seconds worth of highlights from a previous UGA/fla game sums up Cox..good when he wants to be. Too bad for uf, since that doesn't happen on a regular basis ..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent comments on your part !! No I don’t wish any injury on Any player no matter the rival. In my comments what I meant is I hope that The Big O as well as several other Dawgs run all over him and his fellow Mud Lizards. And totally agree with you, he couldn’t hack the intensity of Kirby’s practices and program so he shuffled on to one of our most despised rivals. I doubt he’ll find much adoration among many Dawgs fans. He’s a Mud Lizard now and that says it all. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry, got carried away..in J-Ville....not Athens...wish it were Athens.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I think most of his attitude is just sour grapes that he couldn't cut it at UGA.”

Agreed!! Except I would change the word “most” for the word “all”….

There! That fixed it!🤣

Go Dawgs! Hate on gators!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand that the transfer portal is a very real part of college football for better of worse. And there are a lot of players taking advantage of it for a number of different reasons. There are many reasons that make sense, and just as many that make no sense at all, and that will most likely continue from now on. A big part of that is the decision making ability of kids in this age-range. But I can't understand AT ALL ("for the life of me") why anyone playing for the Georgia Bulldogs would even consider transferring to Florida! That's inconceivable, and beyond where any logical thought process could lead someone who even mildly understands the UGA-FL relationship. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cox was buried on the Dawgs depth chart with an attitude. I for one am very happy he transferred to the Gators. He's a better fit for their culture. About the only thing I remember him doing in last year's game was whiffing on plays right and left.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Brenton,

”It’s going to be real…….” Your sentence was cut-off so I’m trying to figure out what your last word was going to be. Maybe my fellow Dawgnation readers can help him finish the sentence. I think he meant to say “ug-ly” or “painful” (for him). Any other ideas what he wanted to say? Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 327 ✭✭✭ Junior

@GoodOlDawg I think this is where you lost the FLA folks..

"logical thought process"

As for Cox, he's probably about as physically talented as anybody out there. But we all know this game (like most things) is 90% mental--and that's where he doesn't make the cut.

Talking is easy

Going hard on every 1 out of 10+ plays is easy

Transferring away from a culture that makes ZERO exceptions...you guessed it...easy.

He was never challenged in HS and thought that's how it would always be.