Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia QB Carson Beck ready to roll against Florida in Jacksonville if number called

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia QB Carson Beck ready to roll against Florida in Jacksonville if number called

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Carson Beck has served notice that he’s prepared for his number to be called should the need arise at quarterback at Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

“handed the job”??

Heck, that wasn’t fair was it. Oh well, guess you’ve already started to work on promoting Beck now. You got that going for you.

If we ever need a QB coach or OC, my vote is for you……you know your stuff.

Glad you found another way to inject JT Daniels in your articles. It made me curious to see how he is doing, found this linked info below. He’s there, just start from the bottom & go up (#87):

Just not fair is it??….. keep up the good work, “the dawgnation” I am sure is as appreciative as I am.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“He certainly hasn’t been in a lot of critical moments that Stetson has,” Smart said, “but he’s done everything we’ve asked him to do.”

Yeah and whose fault is that? Maybe if you were willing to give Beck more of a chance to play he'd have more experience in those situations.

I really don't get how every other position has players swapping in and out, but QB. Everybody has a bad day and everyone is different. The opposing defense has prepared to play against Bennett, so if he isn't hitting his targets then would it really be so bad to give Beck at least a drive? Vandagriff may not be ready, but Beck has shown that he's been ready to be the starter since before Spring.

Start Bennett absolutely, but if he's "off" then maybe focus on winning the game instead of whatever stubbornness is saying otherwise.

It shouldn't require a minor injury to change who is playing at QB going forward. That just mean you were refusing to see the truth and that the other QB was ready well before then.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson will start and unless he is firing blanks, is injured or UGA is dominating FL, Beck will provide the bench with warmth....I like Beck. I want to see him get more reps.....he is our future. He and Vandagriff.....but Bennett is prime time right now. That is from Coach Smart as well.