Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Florida live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 9 game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Florida live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 9 game

Georgia football takes on Florida in a Week 9 game in Jacksonville, Fla. Below you can find information on the score, the latest live updates, analysis and injury news.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope Jalen Carter shows. Contain Richardson and the game is UGA's for the taking.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smael Mondon has the kind of speed that can make a difference when it comes to keeping Richardson in check. There’s a lot of speed on the Dawgs defensive unit, but getting Mondon back in there would be a tremendous advantage. GO DAWGS!

RIPCVD

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll be watching Dumas-Johnson. He is blooming.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1st drive, starts with a great run, then 2 penalties, and ends with a should of been pick, and into double coverage with no chance of being completed.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

The team will go as far as Bennett can take them. He has to play better.

• Options

I think running at B. Cox is smart. He is a pass rusher, but always seems to overrun the running back.

Super nice drive.

• Options
  • Options

Carter blew right up the field on the 3rd down. WOW.

• Options

Just for giggles, I would love to have seen UGA get 16 yards on the last play of the qtr. Just so they could of finished with 200 yards in the 1st qtr. LOL.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Shame that Bennett gets tagged with an interception when the receiver fails to lock the ball away.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well that makes up for it.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, that was just unfortunate. The interception would have created a crisis situation for any team who doesn’t have a championship caliber defense. GO DAWGS!

RIPCVD

• Options

It did. But still a bad decision. Should of never been thrown, Bowers was not open.

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Not to go all ENG 101 on you, I know you are typing live, but I think you would have been well served to write Monken "orchestrated" or even "choreographed" a balanced drive. I really don't think he is illustrating during the game.

not sure why this showed up here. I tried to send it to Connor on his live update thread.

• Options
    edited October 2022

UGA needs a long sustained drive on offense. Smith is out. Defense needs to rest.

And just like that, Kirby goes into prevent mode on offense.

• Options
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's just call a spade a spade...any pass that Stet throws over 10-15 yards is a 50-50 ball. It has just as much of a chance of being overthrown, intercepted, thrown into double coverage, incomplete, or even dropped as it is being a completion. A back shoulder pass might end up being thrown over the wrong shoulder.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we please, for once in Kirby Smart’s career as our head coach, NOT let our foot off the gas in the first half of a football game?

PLEASE?

There is too much game left, and those play calls in the second quarter with 8:42 to go clearly indicates that Smart and Monken are letting off the gas.

That stuff needs to stop; there is way too much game left even up 21 and it’s pretty disrespectful to the fans and the opposing team.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m just not sure we have the QB for this. As @MontanaDawg said, any ball that is longer than 10-15 yards is just not a good pass. That ball to Bowers was miserably under thrown and thank goodness it was a LB covering (at least I think it was) because that ball was more of a pick than completion.

• Options
    edited October 2022

That will be very important next week.

He can not read a defense, period. Why throw that pass after a flea-flicker into double coverage? I think they tell him who is the hot target and he throws it to them regardless.

They go for it on 4th down just to have 3 bad plays later to punt anyway. Prevent anyone?