Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations as Bulldogs best Florida, even with sub-par third quarter

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

I watched a pretender, Penn St give TOS all it could handle for 3 qtr's and then fall apart. The point being, Georgia and Tennessee are the two best teams in America at this point. There is no other team close....save Bama on a good day or TCU perhaps....but I digress.

I agree with all of you DAWG profits, especially Navydawg,, Saturday we will not be able to beat the Vol's without the help of Carson Beck and an A+ performance from our Defense, O-line and receivers/running backs. We missed a golden opportunity to give Beck stress/pressure reps in the third qtr of yesterday's game???? I wish KS would address that question but I know he will not....I'm hoping and praying that he and Coach Monken held Beck out not to reveal how good he is, knowing we would defeat the Gators no matter what. Giving the Vol's a genuine "long ball" threat is going to open up our run game and we will **** out the Vol NC dreams....however, they will be around for a rematch, I have no doubt. To be the best you've got to beat the best and Tennessee shares that distinction with us at this point.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow !! Could Kirby actually be thinking of using a Two QB game plan ?? Hey it worked great for Steve Spurrier !! I Totally agree in the sentiment of getting Beck much more time. And that’s Not a knock on Stets. I’d In Particular like to see Beck with a Healthy and I stress Healthy AD Mitchell available. Sorry about my rant on this thread and others but for Some Reason only known to Kirby and his inner circle I just don’t see him pulling Stets, Unless he’s injured. I have no clue Why. And though it might Seem I’m bashing on Stets, I’m really not. Kirby has legitimate Reasons for the things that he does or does not do. As I’m merely a fan I have to live with and appreciate that if I’m gonna keep what little sanity I have left Lol !! But speaking For Me, I’d Love to see plays with Both QBs being deployed. Some sneaky script flipping could do wonders to, like occasionally Beck taking off and running with the ball when it Looks like he’s about to throw it deep. Or Stets throwing a deep pass when by all Looks it Appears he’s about to take off and run !! Opposing Ds would be caught totally off guard IF the sneaky stuff was used very sparingly. Other than that leave the deep throws to Beck and the short, intermediate passes, and runs to Stets. I think it Could work. But I’m pretty sure Kirby won’t go there. SO we need to use our powerful RBs and O line more with Stets in my opinion. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS is very risk averse. He rarely (never?) deviates from experience at the QB position. There is no way he throws an inexperienced CBeck into a game of this magnitude. Only way I see it happening is if QB1 gets hurt or UGA gets behind and needs big passes to come back.