Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia coach Kirby Smart: ‘We’re not there,’ 6 takeaways from 42-20 win over Florida

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tend to agree with you about Sanford Stadium @dogs_n_braves. Yes, the crowd was loud and intimidating against Arkansas last year, and the Notre Dame game in 2019 was off-the-chain insane. But Kent State wasn't the least bit bothered by the crowd this year. Neither was South Carolina in 2019. This is NOT TO SAY that the Sanford Stadium crowd isn't loud and doesn't affect games. It certainly does. But I think if you anonymously surveyed SEC coaches and players about the league's most intimidating stadiums, I believe that Neyland Stadium, Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge and the Swamp down in Gainesville, and maybe even College Station and Starkville with those obnoxious cowbells would all be ranked ahead of Sanford. But I do hope that and barks loudly for the entire 60 minutes because that's what it's going to take. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 256 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DallasDawg, @dogs_n_braves,

Kent State, really? LSU and Tenn, would have been doing their Wordle if they were playing them, if they bothered to show up. Yes, it would take them that long to get the word or more accurately, to NOT get the word during the game.

When we played ALA at home a several years ago when Richt was coaching (Yes, we lost) there were two ALA fans in front of me and they covered their ears every time ALA was on offense. It was that loud. We lost, but the fans showed up and it was there.

How another team reacts to the noise is on them. All we can do is "bring it" and our fans "bring it" for every big game and even those that aren't so big.

Neyland stadium didn't intimidate Lane Kiffin's team when they beat Tenn there and you're talking Ole Miss. Let's see how intimidated Saban's team is next week when they play LSU.