Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Unraveling College Football Playoff picture after Georgia owns historic moment on day of upsets

2»

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see what you're saying about the potential final four, but Mike didn't just come up with this notion that Tennessee is still a viable candidate. Pretty much everyone has been saying that Georgia had to win that game but Tennessee would still be in good shape if they didn't. Now, granted, it's an arbitrary double standard that has never made any sense, but it's not just coming from Mike Griffith.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I noticed. The announcers sorta mumbled about it being not that big a hit. I've seen a lot of lesser hits called and enforced. IT seems like there have been a few questionable hits against the Dawgs of late, a few in the FL game. Out of frustration? Or am I being paranoid?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They said the booth did look at it. With that being the case, I was a little surprised it wasn't called. I thought the fact that Bennett was a runner might've taken targeting off the table, but since it was apparently eligible, it sure looked like it could have been called. Seemed to me that he lowered his helmet and struck Bennett's with it. A little hard to say whether the shoulder or helmet came first, but as you say, we've seen no shortage of much more questionable calls go against defenders.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"CFP committee thinks highly of Buckeyes, who at 11-1 could make CFP even with a loss to Michigan."

Of that I have no doubt. OS hasn't played as hard a schedule as UGA (No1 UT and top-10 Oregon) but that media darling will always get the benefit of the doubt over Georgia.

I would think Georgia would be a bigger lock for the playoffs with only a loss in the SECCG, but the "resume" test applies to some teams more than others. OS gets more benefit of the doubt than Georgia, always has, likely always will...

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

"CFP committee thinks highly of Buckeyes, who at 11-1 could make CFP even with a loss to Michigan." A move like this would kill any credibility the CFP might have. The whole conference is made up of cupcakes. The only game worthy of any consideration is the matchup with Michigan. Whoever wins get a bid and they should be d_ happy they got it.