Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following statement win over Tennessee

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winner: Entire Defense

The UGA defense that was said by Coach Anonymous to be below average is giving up only 10.8 PPG through 9 games. Those 9 games include Oregon and Tennessee, both offenses averaging well over 40 PPG.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. My personal apologies to Kelee Ringo. I was one of those (Dawg fans) who had been down on him but he (and his teammates) stood tall on Saturday. He showed up and showed out when the bright lights came on.
    2. I'm not upset with coaches making anonymous statements about teams in big games. We'll see that again in the playoffs. But, I do wish Pete Thamel would go BACK to those coaches now and do a follow-up to let them explain how wrong they were and why (and maybe apologize, too).
    3. Like @UGADad20 , I don't get all the barking by UGA fans about what Nyland Greed did or didn't do on the punt. Thorson's punt was GREAT. But so was Green's hustle. The film will obviously speak for itself but why can't we, as fans, applaud BOTH players instead of trying to esteem the efforts of one above the other? It took the entire team straining as one to win that game. Let's be happy for them all.
    4. Nick Saban is still the G.O.A.T., but . . .
    5. Kirby Smart is the B.A.T.T. -- Best At This Time

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pathetic Pete Thamel's job is to create click bait for equally pathetic ESPN. He must have been low on material to sink to the lowest of methods: "anonymous" sources.

Agree with everyone posting today, but especially @BubbaBill and his kudos to Luke Bryan. ESPNs finest at work. But not just ESPN. Went back to CBSSports.com and similar results. I think one guy out of 8 picked UGA. Barrett Sallee, who's a clown, took TN straight up and afterwards threw even more shade at SBIV.

BTW: the game at MSU is their 4th home night game of the year.

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No one was down on either player.

Nyland Green played great. He was exactly where he should have been. Incredible play by him. He is incredibly fast and hustled like crazy. He did not however touch the ball until it was out of bounds. He is a fantastic young Dawg.

Brett Thorson made the best punt I've ever seen. I doubt it's even theoretically possible to make a better punt. He did it 100% on his own without help from Nyland Green or anyone else; this takes nothing away from Nyland Green, but it does correct the record.

Both are incredibly valuable young Dawgs!

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Georgia coordinators should have been listed as winners. They did an amazing job.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA fans didn't storm the field because they've been there and done that! WHat was that? 6 years in a row?

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Biggest evidence of the softness of UT to some degree was their RBs very poor blocking against the rush. If they even engaged, it was a pure whiff and most often than not, they just got out of the way. Huge difference with how UGA has RBs and receivers straight up laying the wood to defenses. Very noticeable and another reason DAWGs will remain tough.

Also, Lassiter has been fantastic this season. I would say there really hasn’t been too much concern about that side of the defense. A few young and aggressive mistakes ( the tackling mess on the sidelines in the Kent game that resulted in a long TD), but he is a solid coverage guy and definitely not afraid to pop leather.